Security is a big concern for ecommerce (or any websites) today. WordPress by default doesn’t enforce user’s password when people sign up or update them. Who is liable when your user’s account got hack? Why get into this dilemma when you can prevent this?
This plugin gives you the flexibility of enforcing user’s password format (password length, combination of numbers, lowercase chars, uppercase chars or special chars) for woocommerce. The same outcome could be achieved by using a standard wordpress plugin but this plugin does the woocommerce way.
If you find this plugin useful, consider donating
Visit my web development blog for more information.
- What is the recommended password format?
I strongly recommend you to enforce a long password. Use the default settings after you’ve activate the plugin.
- Is this plugin stable?
Yes, I wrote test to ensure that it works before releasing it. However I do know that there are woocommerce themes that doesn’t use the wordpress standards, the plugin might not work for these themes.
- What other improvements can you make to this plugin?
- I like to have a password strength meter incorporated into this plugin.
- Allow administrator to customise the error messages.
- Other security features that anyone can suggest…
- minor fix for users updating profile without updating passwd
- update readme
- Update localisation
- Lost passwd page is now working
- Code updated to work with woocommerce 2.2.8
- Code updated to work with wordpress 4.0.1
- update localisation
- update graphics
- initial release