The WooCommerce Cloak Affiliate Links plugin allows you to mask all external links in your WooCommerce store.
For example, change this…
… into this:
Configure the status code for the redirect to either 301, 302 or 307.
The plugin also adds a “Disallow” to your robots.txt file to prevent bots from following those external links.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the
woocommerce-cloak-affiliate-linksfolder to the
- Activate the WooCommerce Cloak Affiliate Links plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Configure the plugin by going to Settings > WC Cloak Links.
- What redirect status should I use, 301, 302 or 307?
There’s a lot of debate about this. I would suggest Googling this and seeing which works best for you. The default status is 302.
Easy to use and nice plugin!
This is a plug and play plugin. Just added it through the installer right within wordpress and all my ref links are cloaked.. easy 🙂
Contributors & Developers
“WooCommerce Cloak Affiliate Links” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
1.0.8 – 2017/04/18
- Fixed bug introduced with WooCommerce 3.0+ where affiliate link was being rewritten on product edit page in the WordPress Admin Area.
1.0.7 – 2017/03/20
home_url()to fix this error.
1.0.6 – 2017/02/16
get_product_url()method to support changes in WooCommerce 2.7.
- Just updating readme.
- Added user_trailingslashit() function to returned redirect URL. (#9588)
- Updated ‘tested up to’ tag.
- Added “static” to static methods to meet Strict Standards.
- Updated plugin information.
- Changed author name to “datafeedr.com”
- Flushed rewrite rules on plugin activation/deactivation.
- Initial release.