Whipps is a free native iPhone application for viewing YOUR WordPress photo galleries. `Basically it’s your own iPhone app`!
This plugin will make your WordPress installation compatible with Whipps, making yout photo galleries available to all iPhone users. Integration with existing WordPress blog is easy as installing whipps-json-feed.
Install JSONView plugin for FireFox for troubleshooting your feeds and follow tests given below.
How can I tell if the plugin is working correctly?
Whipps app will look for the following URLs on your blog:
- http://www.yourblog/?whipps=on – list of all photos
- http://www.yourblog/?whipps=on&paged=0 – root category listing
- http://www.yourblog/my-photo-category/?whipps=on – list of category photos
- http://www.yourblog/?whipps=on&version=check – your plugin version info
Make sure that these URLs work on your blog. Your permalinks structure should start with %category% (for example: /%category%/%postname%/).
To check all photos displayed within Whipps app open http://www.yourblog/?whipps=on and you should see visible categories feed in JSON format (example).
To check categories displayed within Whipps app open http://www.yourblog/?whipps=on&paged=0 and you should see visible categories feed in JSON format (example).
To check posts Whipps app will show for your-category open http://www.yourblog/your-category/?whipps=on and you should see posts with images for your-category in JSON feed format (example).
Get latest info at www.whipps.org.
- Upload extracted
whippsfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Check “Whipps options” in Settings menu – set blog info page, duration of “new” posts and hide some categories from Whipps if you need to
Make sure your
- posts you wish to show have a photo attached
- permalinks start with %category%
- categories containing subcategories do not have any posts assigned to them
Add your blog to Whipps on your iPhone and congratulate yourself – you now have your own iPhone app!
- How do I set Whipps “info” screen for my photographs?
Your posts will need additional custom keys: ‘designed-by’ for photographer and ‘web-url’ for link. These keys are optional.
- How can I hide some categories from the Whipps app?
See “Whipps options” of the Settings menu and select which categories to hide from your iPhone users.
- My “hidden” posts show through Whipps app search
If you also wish to stop some categories from showing up in “Search” panel just use Simply Exclude plugin to completely exclude categories from feed.
- I need help with integration!
Please contact us at whipps.org.
Contributors & Developers
“Whipps JSON feed” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- Initial release.