This plugin provides configurable links to posts and comments from the blog it is installed into. The output from the plugin can either be displayed as
a widget in the sidebar on your WordPress 2.2+ blog, as a page in your WordPress blog OR embedded into ANY page on ANY PHP powered site.
Full styling and configuration options are available.
- Configure the number of items (posts and comments) and the method of selecting the items (alphabetically, newest, oldest or random) displayed.
- Highlight Posts: Show any of – post title, date and author and an excerpt of the post content.
- Highlight Comments: Show any of – comment date, author and an excerpt of the comment.
- Styling: allow your site’s styles to cascade or define inline styles in your admin options.
- Unzip into your
- Activate ‘Whats New Whats Fresh Whats Happening’ through the ‘Plugins’ menu on the WordPress Admin page of your blog.
- Go to the ‘Whats New Whats Fresh Whats Happening’ options page (Under ‘Options’ on the main admin menu) and configure!
- To use as a widget click the ‘Presentation’ then ‘Widgets’ menu options and drag the ‘Whats New Whats Fresh Whats Happening’ into your sidebar.
To use embedded into another page:
- Check that the page is hosted on a server that runs PHP – Whats New Whats Fresh Whats Happening needs PHP to run.
- Add the following code to the page in the place you want Whats New Whats Fresh Whats Happening to appear:
<?php include $_SERVER[‘DOCUMENT_ROOT’].”/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/whats_new_whats_fresh_whats_happening/whats_new_whats_fresh_whats_happening_i.php”; ?>
…this assumes that you have installed WordPress into the subdirectory ‘wordpress’ from the root of your site. Amend if necessary.
- That’s it!
- Where can I leave feedback about the Whats New Whats Fresh Whats Happening plugin?
- Troubleshooting when embedded into another page:
Ensure that the paths are correct.
The plugin assumes that it has been installed into the directory path /wordpress/wp-content/plugins/whats_new_whats_fresh_whats_happening/ relative to the root page of the site.
If that is not the case then you’ll need to amend the WNWFWH code.
Contributors & Developers
“Whats New Whats Fresh Whats Happening” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors