This plugin is being developed to make splittesting elements of your wordpress blog very easy. At the moment there is basic functionality: you are provided with a conditional function. A random number is generated, depending on the number a condition is true or false, if true the code wrapped within the code will be executed, otherwise it won’t.
This plugin was created because I wanted an easy way to splittest widgets and page layouts.
Extended functionality is on it’s way (but not there yet). An analytics version is being tested and developed that will make tracking splittesting results with google analytics very easy. No need for google weboptimizer.
Eventually I want to make split testing very easy to do without the need for coding. This is a great start. Enjoy!
Google Analytics integration (using asynchronous code and custom variables)
Configurable options and settings page
- Upload the plugin files to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- You can use the conditional tag is_splittest(‘1’) or is_splittest(‘2’) in your themefiles, through the widget logic plugin and in combination with other conditional statements to test any element on the page.
- What can this plugin be used for?
To test the performance, placements and design of your wordpress website.
- Where can I get support?
Contributors & Developers
“Website Audit Splittesting” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- Alpha Version of the plugin 02/07/2010 02:41