There are a lot of comment system plugins for WordPress out there and even some of the more popular ones, such as DISQUS or Facebook intergration plugins, can randomly throw off your comment count in the database. Honestly, with WordPress sometimes the comment count just gets messed up. If a viewer on your website’s internet were to go out in the middle of posting a comment there is a chance that it would post the comment but not get to the point to add the comment to the comment count.
The Web Ninja Comment Count Fixer Plugin is here to fix this. Either by the click of a button or set up on a timer it will check the number of comments in the database and compare them to the comment count field in the post table and fix the count if any of them are wrong.
This plugin can be easily configured to be set up on a timer of 1 hour, 6 hours, 12 hours, or 24 hours so you don’t have to worry about your comment counts ever getting messed up again. Even if you don’t have a problem with your comment counts now you can still install this and never even have to worry about it when it does.
Check out http://josh-fowler.com for more plugins.
*Thanks to Artem Russakovskii at http://beerpla.net for the query to check it!
Installing is as simple as downloading the file from this site, placing it in your wp-content/plugins directory and activating the plugin. For the more detailed instructions read on.
- Download the Web Ninja Comment Count Fixer ZIP file
- Extract the zipfile and place the PHP file in the wp-content/plugins directory of your WordPress installation
- Go to the administration page of your WordPress installation (normally at http://www.yourblog.com/wp-admin)
- Click on the Plugins tab and search for Web NinjaComment Count Fixer in the list
- Activate the Web NinjaComment Count Fixer plugin
- You can now find an Web Ninja CCF page under Options to set the options of the plug-in
- You can click the “Check & Fix Comment Counts Now” button to check the database manually and fix any counts it sees that are wrong.
- Check the “Timer Enabled” box and set your “Timer Interval” if you want to have the plugin check it automatically based on your timer interval.
- Where can I get support for this plugin?
Support can be found here: http://josh-fowler.com/forum/
I try to watch this often and can answer any problems you have when I have time.
Contributors & Developers
“Web Ninja Comment Count Fixer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- First Release