Use this plugin to place current weather and/or weather forecast (up to 5 days) from weatherbug.com within your blog and sidebar. Options to show or hide both the current weather and weather forecast. If displaying forecast, choose to display 3, 4, or 5 day forecasts. Comes with a handy widget for your sidebars and an easy-to-use short code for your Pages and Posts.
This plugin requires an API Key which can be obtained for free from http://developer.weatherbug.com/. This plugin will cache the weather data for 15 minutes and uses Ajax to build the weather forecast using semantic markup.
- How do I get an API key from weatherbug.com?
- Go to: http://developer.weatherbug.com/
- Register for an account
- Apply for an API key (be sure to get the REST key – not the GEO key)
- How do I use the short code?
To display a weather forecast in a page or a post, you can use the [weatherspider] shortcode. The shortcode has four options, listed below.
- zip (optional, default=90210): The zip code of the location you want to show the forecast for.
- size (optional, default=sm): The size of the forecast display. Options: sm (200px wide/3 day forecast), med (250px wide/4 day forecast), lg (300px wide/5 day forecast)
- showCurrent (optional, default=true): Show the current temperature in the display. Options: true, false
- showForecast (optional, default=true): Show the current temperature in the display. Options: true, false
[weatherspider zip=”02842″ size=”lg” showCurrent=”false” showForecast=”true”]
- Initial Release