Changes in 2.6
- Added optional text-based "captcha" to prevent spam bot submissions on quizzes which do not require user login
- Option to reoder the questions. Of course this takes effect only when you have not chosen "Randomize questions" in the quiz settings.
- Removed the hardcoded text "your answers are shown below" and the setting "display answers at the end of the quiz". Instead of this use the variable %%ANSWERS%% which gives far more flexibility.
- Added option to not store takings in the database. Will be useful to save DB space when you have a quiz whose resutls you don't need to know.
- Added two new variables - %%AVG-POINTS%% and %%BETTER-THAN%% to compare your results to others who completed the quiz
- Added option to enable previous button
- Added option to automatically publish the quiz in a post at the time of saving
- Added question numbers + option to not display them (old quizzes default to it for consistency with the previous behavior)
- Added social sharing option. Currently supports Facebook sharing. You'll need Facebook app ID.
- Added Twitter sharing option. As above, use the shortcode [watushare-buttons] to enable all sharing buttons accordingly to your sharing options.
Changes in 2.5
- Added optional answer explanation / feedback that can be shown along with the correct answers on the quiz
- Added filter / search on the "view results" page
- Added feature to andomize the answers to the questions. Works together or independent from the question randomization.
- Added compatibility with WP QuickLaTeX
- You can now be notified by email when someone takes a quiz
- Made the quiz more user-friendly by auto-generating a demo quiz for the new users
- Improvements to open end quesitons: now any special characters are handled and matching is case INSENSITIVE
- Moved the grades management out of the main quiz form for better user interface, data integrity and rich text editor for the grade descriptions
- Added "grade" filter in the "View results" page
- Added option to pull number of random questions from the quiz
- Fixed number of wpautop() issues. Now the filter is applied manually only where it's needed
- Fixed bug with calculating points on open-end question (the bug was caused by the latest "randomize answers" feature)
Changes in 2.4
- Quizzes can now require user login. Depending on whether "Anyone can register" is selected in your main settings page, a register link will also be shown when non-logged in user tries to access such quiz
- You can now use "the_content" filter instead of "watu_content" to handle nasty problems with plugins like qTranslate. It's not recommended to use this setting unless you have experienced such problems.
- The full details of the user answers are now recorded and can be seen via popup in the list of results page
- Added uninstall script and changed the settings regarding deleting data. Now you have to double confirm deleting your exam. This is to avoid accidential data loss.
- Removed wpframe and other obsolete code
- Made small change to the display of radio and checkbox questions to allow easier formatting on one line with CSS
- Fixed for compatibility with 3.8
- Quiz description, if entered, shows up on top of the quiz
- Option to delete single taking and delete all submitted data on a quiz
- Changed current_user_can('administrator') to current_user_can('manage_options') so you can allow a non-administrator role to use the quizzes
- Open-end questions can also have answers and be matched to them
- Replaced wpautop in favor of nl2br to avoid adding
p> tags in unexpected places like hidden fields
- Did some small styling adjustments
- Fixed the %%MAX_POINTS%% calculation to take into account the quesiton type
Changes in 2.3
- Export quiz results as CSV file (semicolon delimited)
- The exam shortcode is now easier to copy
- Animate back to top when submitting exam, and when clicking "next" after long question. This prevents confusion when user has to see the next screen.
- Fixed bug with "Question X of Y total" showing even for single-page quizzes
- Each exam / quiz has its own setting about how the answers will be shown
- As many themes started showing the choices under radio buttons or checkboxes, added explicit CSS to keep them on the same line
- Fixed new bug with missing answers when adding question
- Fixed bug with skipping "0" answers
- Changed %%TOTAL%% to %%MAX-POINTS%% for clarify and consistency. The old tag will keep working.
- Further code improvements
- Tested in multisite
- Fixed "headers already sent" message caused by premature update statement
Changes in 2.2
- Replaced 'the_content' filter with custom filter to avoid issues with membership plugins
- Cleanup the root folder from show_exam.php
- Another method added to the API, see the new docs
- The answers field changed to TEXT so you can now add long choices/answers to the questions
- Fixed bug in the list of taken exams
- Fixed issues with correct/wrong answer calculation
- Added %%CORRECT%% answers variable to display number of correct answers
- Watu scripts and CSS are now loaded only when you have exams on the page avoiding unnecessary page overload
- Other code fixes and improvements
Changes in 2.1
- Displaying "Question X of Y" so the user knows where they are
- Fixing incompatibility with Paid Membership PRO
- Shortcodes on the final screen
- Starting API (Not yet documented)
- Code fixes and improvements
Changes in 2.0
- Required questions (optional)
- A list of users who took an exam along with their results
- More flexible function to add new DB fields on update
- Code fixes and improvements
Changes in 1.9
- Grade title and description are now separated
- Shortcodes will be executed in questions and final screen
- Code fixes and improvements
- Localization issues fixed
Changes in 1.8
- the exam title links to the post with this exam if exam is already published
- "show all questions on single page" is now configurable for every exam
- Improving code continued (more to come)
Changes in 1.7
- You can now randomize the questions in a quiz
- Fixed issues with the DB tables during upgrade
- Removed more obsolete code, fixed code issues. More on this to come.
Changes in 1.6
- Removed obsolete rich text editor and replaced with wp_editor call
- Added "Essay" (open-end) question
- Internationalization ready - find the .pot file in langs/ folder