VideoWhisper Live Streaming plugin allows site users and admins to broadcast live streaming channels from various sources (PC webcam, IP cameras, video playlists, mobile and desktop encoder apps).
Live channels can be displayed on website pages in web player with chat, tips or HTML5 HLS for mobile. Manage unlimited channels, membership types.
Functionality is stand alone (without need to use 3rd party services) so specific streaming hosting is required. Site owner has ownership and access control for content.
- live video channels (custom post type)
- channel setup and management page in frontend
- channel listings with live AJAX updates
- web broadcast with codec and quality settings (H264, Speex)
- 24/7 IP camera support (restream rtsp, rtmp, rtmps, udp streams)
- iOS transcoding support for iPhone, iPad playback (on request/auto)
- automated detection of iOS
- usage permissions by role, email, id, name
- limit broadcasting and watch time per channel
- premium channels (unlimited levels)
- channel stats (broadcast/watch time, last activity)
- P2P groups support for better, faster video streaming and lower rtmp server bandwidth usage
- external broadcaster/player support with special RTMP side (Wirecast, Flash Media Live Encoder, Open Broadcaster Software, iOS GoCoder app)
- generate snapshots for external streams with special RTMP side
- video archive support with Video Share VOD WordPress Plugin
- playlists support (schedule video files for playback as live stream)
- paid channel support with myCRED integration (owner sets price)
- tips to broadcaster with myCRED
- channel password / access list (owner sets list of user roles, logins, emails)
- custom floating logo, ads
Use this software for setting up features like on Twitch TV, Justin TV, UStream tv, Mogulus, LiveStream, RealLifeCam, Stickam, YouNow, Blog tv, Live yahoo or their clones and alternatives. Also can be used in combinations with mobile apps similar to Periscope, Meerkat.
Includes a widget that can display online broadcasters and their show names.
Samples: Live Sites and Turnkey Setups
- LivOn.TV Live Video Broadcasting
- How to setup an alternative/clone site like Twitch, Hitbox, Livestream, JustinTv, UStream
- RealLifeCam Site Script for 24/7 Cams
- Live Streaming App like Meerkat or Periscope
- Membership Ready with Role Permissions: Can be used with membership/subscription plugins to setup paid membership types.
- Pay Per View Ready with Custom Post Type: Can be used with access control / sell content plugins to setup paid access to live broadcasts.
- Custom ads right in text chat box, for increased conversion
- Tips: Users can buy tokens (credits) to tip broadcasters using MyCred credits plugin.
- Recommended: Paid Membership WordPress Plugin allows members to purchase membership with credits (use same billing system as for tips)
If BuddyPress is installed this will add a Live Stream tab to the group where users can watch live video and chat realtime. Admins can broadcast anytime from Admin > Live Streaming.
This plugin has requirements beyond regular WordPress hosting specifications: a RTMP host is needed for persistent connections to manage live interactions and streaming. More details about this, including solutions are provided on the Installation section pages.
Desktop Sharing / Screen Broadcasting
If your users want to broadcast their screen (when playing a game, using a program, tutoring various computer skills) they can do that easily just by using a screen sharing driver that simulates a webcam from desktop contents. Read more on http://www.videochat-scripts.com/screen-sharing-with-flash-video-chat-software/ .
Resulting videos can be managed and imported with Video Share VOD WordPress Plugin .
- Plugin Homepage : http://www.videowhisper.com/?p=WordPress+Live+Streaming
- Application Homepage : http://www.videowhisper.com/?p=Live+Streaming
- Developer Contact : http://www.videowhisper.com/tickets_submit.php
- Turnkey Site Project: http://www.turnkeyclone.com/twitch-tv-script-for-live-broadcasting/
- Test it on demo site http://www.videochat-scripts.com/live-streaming-on-wordpress-by-videowhisper/
- Test it on live site http://livon.tv
More information, the latest updates, other plugins and non-WordPress editions can be found at http://www.videowhisper.com/ .
The baseline of this software looks good and has everything I need. I put in place all my requirements and I will be doing my own hosting, but to set that up you need the application to put on your dedicated server which you have to sign up and you have access to the link to download it. The bad part is you don't have access to the link to download the server application which is needed to host your own rtmp server until they send you a confirmation email and I'm here 2 days and still no email. I tried it with 3 of my other email address and seeing if it's blocking it but still nothing. So starting off with this company is just a headache and bad support. Sent an email and still no response.
I activated the plugin, went to its settings page, realized it wasn't going to work for me, and then went to the Plugins page and deactivated.
During those few minutes, the Plugin self-published 30 pages (as in PUBLIC PAGES) -- 15 titled "Channels" and 15 titled "Broadcast Live" with the shortcode [videowhisper_channels] and [videowhisper_channel_manage], respectively.
Yes, it's easy enough, though a waste of my time, to delete those pages, but (1) what else did it do while it was in there? And (2) The damned thing wasted 30 of my allotted branded short links. Not happy.
- View Profile context menu in participants lists
- User avatar in participants context menu
- Easy webcam/microphone select from dropdowns on preview panel.
- Schedule playlists option
- Toggle default loader, loader static image option
- Advanced permission lists per channel: group chat, write in chat, view participants, private chat
- On demand archiving support in web broadcating app
- Tips for broadcaster using myCRED
- Auto transcoding (on HLS request or always)
- Access Password
- Unlimited premium channel levels
- Feature control by user roles/lists:
** custom/hide logo
** custom/hide ads
- myCRED integration: allow selling access to channels
- channel access list (owner can configure user logins, emails, roles that can access)
- Improved iOS HLS transcoding reliability (retry and verify automatically)
- Navigation menus (setup in backend) for Channel Categories
- Improved channel AJAX listings: list by category in custom order
- Ban channel interface
- Web server load optimisation settings
- New channel meta
- Broadcasting application v4.32 (w. autopilot reconnect)
- Report log file usage in stats.
- Category and tag archive pages also include channels
- Display warning on channel page when channel time is exceeded or channel is offline
- Support for VideoWhisper Video Share / Video On Demand (VOD) plugin
- iOS detection, automated display of direct/transcoded HLS video
- external encoder authentication, status monitoring with special RTMP side
- Channel posts with frontend management and automated snapshot
- Channel management page where users can setup channes from frontend
- Channels list page, automatically updated with AJAX, pagination
- Shortcodes watch, video, HTML5 HLS, broadcast
- Improved admin settings with tabs and more options
- Control access by roles, ID, email
- Limit broadcasting and watch time per channel
- Premium channels with better features and quality
- Transcoding for iPhone / iPad support
- Toggle Logo/Watermark
- Channel statistics
- Broadcast directly from backend without widget
- Broadcast link only for logged in users
- Broadcaster application v4.27
- Insert online channel snapshots in posts and pages with [videowhisper livesnapshots] shortcode
- RTMP web session check support
- External authentication
- Broadcaster application v4.25
- Video & sound codec settings
- Floating watermark settings
- Broadcaster application v4.07
- Widget includes counter of room participants for each room
- Integrated latest application versions (with broadcaster application v4.05) that include P2P.
- Added more settings to control P2P / RTMP streaming, secure token if enabled, bandwidth detection.
- Fixed some possible security vulnerabilites for hosts with magic_quotes Off.
- BuddyPress integration: If BuddyPress is installed this will add a Live Stream tab to the group where users can watch live video and chat realtime. Admins can broadcast anytime from Admin > Live Streaming.
- Permissions for broadcasters (members, list) and watchers (all, members, list).
- Choose name to use in application (display name, login, nice name).
- Everything is in the plugin folder to allow automated updates.
- Settings page to fill rtmp address, some broadcaster options.
- Plugin to integrate live streaming installed in a videowhisper_streaming folder on site root.