Enables WordPress to include thumbnail and custom field data in its RSS2 feed.
How is works:
- To retrieve post thumbnails: Add “post_thumbnail=1” to your feed’s link. (e.g. “http://www.mywpsite/feed/?post_thumb=1”)
- To retrieve custom fields: Add “meta_keys=meta_name1[,meta_name2,meta_name3,…]” to your feed’s link (e.g. “http://www.mywpsite/feed/?meta_keys=post_quote,post_contributor” will retrieve the “post_quote” and “post_contributor” custom fields’ value, if these fields have been added to the post.)
- To further customize your feed: use any other WP Feed options, as listed on https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Feeds/.
The http://news.cals.wisc.edu/feed/?cat=67&post_thumb=1&meta_keys=academic_info will retrieve all posts in category 67, along with their thumbnails (if available) and the value of the ‘academic_info’ field (if available).
- Upload ‘cals_rss2_feed-extend’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Test plugin by making a RSS feed request (i.e. http://www.yourdomain.com/feed/?post_thumb=1).
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“UW CALS Extend RSS2 feed” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial release.