Add a list of your latest blog entries on any page.
With simple shortcode you can place a list of your latest news (or other blog category) on any page or post.
This is a simple plugin based on a query by Sachethan G Reddy that fetches the latest posts titles from any given category.
Use the following shortcode anywhere on your page or post following the examples below:
replace the word news in this example with the category that you would like to use.
[utech_latest_posts category='news' limit=10]
this example limits the number of results to 10 instead of the default which is 5 entries
The plugin is simple to install:
- You can use the WordPress installer, or you can install the plugin
manually by uploading the entire plugin folder
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Place shortcode on your page, eg.
- The shortcode does not return anything
This is most likely because the category name you used in your shortcode is not present or misspelled.
- Any other question
Please contact the author at http://www.utechworld.com
Contributors & Developers
“Utech List Post Titles” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
2.0 [July 11, 2010]
– newly released by Meini, Utech Computer Solutions
– introduced the use of shortcodes
1.0 [July 07, 2009]
– first release by Sachethan G Reddy