What default settings will be restored if I click on the Recover capabilities button?
When the User Role plugin is activated it creates a backup of current roles and capabilities for your main blog and it will be restored if you click on the Recover capabilities button.
When I delete the User Role plugin will the settings of privileges be changed back?
No. They will stay changed unless you click on the Recover capabilities button.
How can I use the other language files with User Role?
Here is an example for Russian language files.
- In order to use another language for WordPress it is necessary to set a WordPress version to the required language and in the configuration wp file -
wp-config.php in the line
define('WPLANG', ''); you should enter
define('WPLANG', 'ru_RU');. If everything is done properly the admin panel will be in Russian.
- Make sure the files
ru_RU.mo are present in the plugin (the folder "Languages" in the plugin root).
- If there are no such files you should copy the other files from this folder (for example, for German or Italian) and rename them (you should write
ru_RU instead of
de_DE in both files).
- The files can be edited with the help of the program Poedit - http://www.poedit.net/download.php - please download this program, install it, open the file using this program (the required language file) and for each line in English you should write translation in Russian.
- If everything is done properly all lines will be in Russian in the admin panel and in the front-end.
I have some problems with the plugin's work. What Information should I provide to receive proper support?
Please make sure that the problem hasn't been discussed yet on our forum (http://support.bestwebsoft.com). If no, please provide the following data along with your problem's description:
- the link to the page where the problem occurs
- the name of the plugin and its version. If you are using a pro version - your order number.
- the version of your WordPress installation
- copy and paste into the message your system status report. Please read more here: Instuction on System Status