The most accurate US weather widgets, with data provided by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). Willyweather weather widgets come in many different shapes and sizes, you can choose your own colors, and select from multiple weather types such as Weather, Wind, Rain, Swell, Tides, UV, Sun and Moon.
- Accurate US data provided by NOAA.
- Beautiful retina graphics with stylish animations.
- Powered by the same WillyWeather API that was built for the award winning WillyWeather iPhone app.
- Choose from a wide selection of widget shapes and sizes:
- Full Page
- Thin bar
- High bar
- Choose your own colors to suit your website.
- Adjust the width of any of the widgets to suit your website.
- Scrollable wind and swell graphs (sidebar and full page).
- Add any of the weather types below to a sidebar or full page widget, selected via tabs.
- Change tab ordering via drag and drop (the first weather type in the list will be the default).
- Choose a fixed location or add a search facility.
- Choose from a database of over 180,000 US locations.
- Update the widget at any time.
- Extract the files to your plugin directory (usually
- Activate the Plugin and configure it in Appearance > Widgets
Set up functionality good. You can change colors but not much else. I tested Houston against our tv weather and this was very different (and wrong)
Unlike the user created widgets, the WP widget weather location is fixed on Bondi Beach NSW. You can allow users to search but that is confusing for visitors.
Contributors & Developers
“US Weather Widget – WillyWeather” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Changed default location.
- Bug fixes.
- Location search now returns up to 25 results.
- Full page widget width increased to 1000px.
- Initial release.