This plugins allows to easily embed thumbnails or full-page screenshots taken in any major browser of any website into your blog. It uses the service URL2Picture to generate the screenshots.
The plugin includes a caching functionality and allows to configure viewport-size, thumbnail-size, screenshot delay and screenshot cropping.
You can use a shortcut to embed screenshots into any post:
[url2picture browser=CHROME32 width=VIEWPORT_WIDTH height=VIEWPORT_HEIGHT thumbnail_width=THUMBNAIL_WIDTH thumbnail_height=THUMBNAIL_HEIGHT delay=DELAY crop_height=CROP_HEIGHT crop_width=CROP_WIDTH]www.wordpress.org[/url2picture]
A few usage examples:
[url2picture]www.wordpress.com[/url2picture] This shortcut will display a orginal-size and full-page screenshot of wordpress.com
[url2picture thumbnail_width=300]www.wordpress.com[/url2picture] This shortcut will display a 300 pixel wide thumbnail of www.wordpress.com
[url2picture thumbnail_width=300 crop_height=100 delay=1000]www.wordpress.com[/url2picture] This shortcut will display a 300 pixel wide thumbnail cropped to a height of 100 pixel. The screenshot will be taken 1000ms after page load is finished.
The installation is simple:
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Open the ‘URL2Picture’ settings menu and enter API-Key and Secret
- Optional: Activate or deactivate the cache function in the settings menu
- Start adding the shortcut [url2picture] to your posts
If you use the cache please make sure that the folder ‘wp-content/url2picture’ is writeable.
What features are planned in future versions?
- Please send any ideas, bug reports or feature request at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contributors & Developers
“URL2Picture Screenshots” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- Initial plugin: Settings page, screenshot API, cache functionality