WordPress 3.5 removes the setting fields to change the media upload path and url. This plugin enables them again. Note that as long as your fields are not empty, you can disable this plugin.
- Extract the plugin folder from the downloaded ZIP file.
- Upload the
upload_url_path_enablerfolder to your wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin from the “Plugins” page.
I tried the wp-config.php
trick and, while it did save new uploads to the desired folder, images/thumbs were not available, because in media library the new path was concatenated onto the original path — the new path as shown was wrong anyway (slashes got removed), so it wouldn’t have worked regardless.
I also tried a different plugin to change/hide URLs and protect the wp site from anonymous direct access to files, which means it allowed for changing default paths. That didn’t work, but this simple one does.
Contributors & Developers
“Upload Url and Path Enabler” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Tested with WP 4.5.
- Fixed a bug with a translation since WP 4.4.
- Small code quality improvements.
- Small code readability improvements.
- Added plugin URL.
- Removed a line in the plugin informations that could prevent proper activation.
- Small security fix.
- First public release