This plugin is very simple. It fetches events from upcoming.org based on a given location. You need the (free) upcoming.org API key which you can find here: http://upcoming.yahoo.com/services/api/keygen.php To include the local events, use this shortcode in a post/page: [upcomingorg_events]San Francisco, CA[/upcomingorg_events]. You can use other formats of locations as well, such as ZIP codes. In the settings you can define:
- Number of events to show (will obviously be lower if not that many events are available for your query).
- Radius to search around the given location
- Show (or don’t show) the event images if they are available
- Display the upcoming.org logo with the results or not
To edit the CSS, modify the upcoming.org_events.css file in the plugin folder upcoming.org_events/
- Install via wordpress’ plugin directory or upload the upcoming.org_events.zip through the admin interface
- Make sure your file access settings are set to 755 for the php & css file.
Contributors & Developers
“Upcoming.org Public Events” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- First version
- Minor fixes related to url format of plugin actually being available 🙂