** Important: This plugin is being deprecated and will be removed soon from wordpress.org. Please use our new version located at: Coming Soon Page & Maintenance Mode by SeedProd**
The Ultimate Coming Soon Page plugin allows you quick and easily set up a coming soon or launch page for your website.
Simple and flexible, the Ultimate Coming Soon Page plugin works with any WordPress theme you have installed on your site. Anyone who isn’t logged in to your site will see the coming soon page, while you or any other logged-in staffers can access the site as normal and do not not see the coming soon page which allows you to work on your changes or content.
Benefits, Features and Options:
- Works with any WordPress Theme
- Completely customizable look and feel including Background Color and Image, Logo, Fonts etc…
- Easily add Custom CSS and HTML
- Collect Emails with FeedBurner
- Integrated with Google Fonts
- Visible to only non logged in users so you can build your site while visitors see the “Coming Soon” page.
- Stretch Background Image to Cover the Entire Browser
- Uses HTML5 & CSS3
- Translation Ready, i18n Support
- Multisite Support
- BuddyPress Support
Pro Version Features:
- Works with any WordPress theme
- Visible only to non logged in users
- Secret link for your clients to view the upcoming website without logging in
- Search Engine Optimized with customizable meta tags
- Mobile Ready responsive design and layout
- Maintenance Mode with Automatic Screenshot
- Custom Look & Feel with no coding
- Integrated Google and Typekit fonts
- Full Browser Backgrounds option
- Option to capture first and last name
- Videos can be embedded in the description just be entering the URL
- Display an Incentive after Sign Up
- Social Profiles & Social Sharing Buttons
- MailChimp, AWeber, Get Response, Constant Contact and Campaign Monitor integration
- Gravity Forms integration to collect info from visitors
- Built-in referral system to keep track referrered subscribers and how many of those convert
- Store Emails in the WordPress Database to export to any email service
- Progress bar with automatic completion calculation
- Google Analytics Support
- Automatic Easy Updates
- Shortcode Support
- Option to enable template responsiveness
- Option to control access by IP
- Custom Footer Branding
- Custom Favicon
- Custom CSS Support
- Import/Export Settings for backup or re-use purposes
- Multisite Support
- HTML5 & CSS3 which degrades gracefully for older browsers
- Translation Ready i18n Support
- Option to exclude specific URLs from displaying Coming Soon page
Plus lots more…
- Danish(da_DK) by Alexander Leo-Hansen
- Estonian(et_ET) by Rait Huusmann
- French (fr_FR) by Gabriel Delattre
- German (de_DE) by Frederic Ch. Reuter
- Greek(el_EL) by Mihalis Papanousis
- Indonesian (id_ID) by Nasrulhaq Muiz
- Italian (it_IT) by Luca Barbetti
- Persian(fa_IR) by Ali Mirzaei
- Polish (pl_PL) by pl2wp-Team
- Portuguese Brazilian (pt_BR) by Bruno Cantuatia
- Portuguese(pt_PT) by Alexander Pereira
- Russian (ru_RU) by Oleg Vlasov
- Spanish(es_CO) by Jaime Echeverry
- Spanish(es_ES) by WebHostingHub
- Slovak (sk_SK) by Branco Radenovich/WebHostingGeeks.com
- Slovenian(sl_SI) by Jani Roskar
- Swedish(sv_SE) by Björn Sennbrink
- Turkish(tr_TR) by Hakan Er
- Ukrainian(uk_UA) by Michael Yunat
- Upload the
ultimate-coming-soon-pagefolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Visit Settings > Coming Soon to enable the coming soon page and set your options.
- How do I use FeedBurner to collect emails?
- What if I get locked out?
If you get locked out, just go straight to the wp-login page. http://www.example.com/wp-login.php
- The plugin is enabled…but my website still shows
I often hear people say “The plugin is enabled..but my website still shows! How do i fix this?”
If you are logged into WordPress you will not see the coming soon page. You will see your normal website. This is so you can work on it while visitors see the coming soon page.
If you are logged out of WordPress and still see your normal website then either your browser is caching the page or you having a caching plugin that is serving a cached version of the page.
- Clear your browser or caching plugin’s cache.
- Open a different browser and you should see your coming soon page.
- I disabled the plugin but the Coming Soon page is still showing.
This occurs when you are using a caching plugin and the plugin is still serving a cached page.
- Clear the cache on your browser.
- Clear the cache on the plugin you are using.
- If still appearing then disable the caching plugin. You really only need to use a caching plugin when you site is live and NOT in development.
I got the pro license, which comes with updates and support for a year. But then after my year expired, installing the original version and applying the license fails.
If you want to cut off support and updates fine. But don’t disable the function of the older version. That’s crap.
The older version of free collected emails. So obviously the function was removed to force paying.
2 stars instead of 1 (or 0) because it’s actually a great plugin. Just a rip off to paying customers. I’ll pay once, but not year after year to support ransomware.
easy to use and fast
This plugin works each time I use it. I am also a fan of Ultimate Maintenance mode – which is now discontinued and replaced by this one
I just installed the plugin and had some issues. John responded almost instantly and solved the problem/wishes within the hour. Most serious developers I have encountered provide good support, but John handles it at warp speed too.
This is a great plugin to use when developing a new site.
Add the live site to the server, holding page up
Developer and client login to see the site.
Once its ready, disable the plugin.
Easy to use.
Thanks very much
Contributors & Developers
“Ultimate Coming Soon Page” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
This plugin is being deprecated and will be removed soon from wordpress.org. Please use our new version located at: Coming Soon Page & Maintenance Mode by SeedProd
- Fixed issue with image upload
- Language Packs
- Added Danish Translation
- Tweak: Updated Optin Form Again
- Tweak: Updated Optin Form
- Added: Indonesian Translation
- Fixed: Don’t show feed if FeedBurner not enabled
- Added: Header scripts field
- Fixed: SSL Compatibility
- Added: Toggle to disable default excluded urls: login, admin, dashboard, account
- Fixed: iframe height issue
- Added: responsiveness
- Fixed: typo
- Fixed: unserialized message
- Added: Added Spanish Translation
- Added: Added Ukrainian Translation
- Fixed: Undefined Indexes
- Added: Replaced the css reset with normalize so the editors style would be respected.
- Added: Ability to disable background noise effect.
- Added: Ability to disable text shadow effect.
- Fixed: Undefined Indexes
- Added: Estonian Translation
- Added: Swedish Translation
- Added: Tweaked Turkish Translation
- Added: Turkish Translation
- Fix: Removed some debug code
- Fix: Fixed description field layout.
- Added: Support for Theme my Login and other custom login plugins
- Fix: Added WP Core Styles
- Fix: Fix IOS 5.1 Full Screen BG Bug
- Feature: updated google fonts
- Feature: added the ability to use an image on teaser image
- Feature: added Spanish Translation
- Tweak: Made Goole Font urls protocol less
- Aded blog description as meta description.
- Updated Slovak Translation
- Added BuddyPress Compatibility
- Added Persian Translation
- Fixed bug that prevent user from inserting media into the description.
- Added Slovak Translation
- 3.5.0 Compatability
- Removed double notice
- Added Italian Translation
- Made footer credit opt-in
- Fixed German, French & Greek Translations
- Updated admin screenshot
- Added German Translation
- Added wpeditor in the description field
- Added SeedProd tag
- Added a better preview
- Removed second column
- Fixed email placeholder
- Added Powered By Link ID
- Added Adminbar Notification
- Added IE 7 and 8 Full Background Support
- Added Russian Translation
- Added Polish Translation
- Added Full Stretch Background
- Removed functions that were not needed.
- Switched to Semantic Versioning http://semver.org/
- French translation added
- 3.3 Compatability
- Bug Fix
- Bug Fix
- Only display scripts when coming soon page is rendered.
- Fixed Double Confirm Bug
- Added theme my login support
- Fixed Canonical Url Bug
- Escape Output
- Default color bug fix, enabled preview when not enabled.
- Exclude Feed URLs
- Notification of Pro Version Release
- Greek and Slovenian Translations Added
- Prefix CSS
- Removed wp_head unless explicitly called. Added Portuguese Translation
- Fixed a title bug and ColorPicker Bug
- Suppressed Warnings and Notices caused by other themes.
- i18n support added.
- Fixing WordPress.org Profile
- Readme Refresh
- Typo Fixes
- Added bigger screenshot
- Added settings screenshot
- Move CSS rules after wp-head
- Fixed a HUGE Google Fonts API bug. Please update.
- Working on a fix for the Google Font API
- Fixed some initial launch bugs
- Alpha Launch