With your X.co URL Shortener API key, you can now use Twitter Tools to Tweet your new posts, using X.co URLS and view your 10 most recent posts with x.co URLs in your Dashboard.
- Install the Twitter Tools Plugin
- Download the .zip file
- Unpack into wp-content/plugins/ folder
- Activate the plugin
- In the Twitter Tools settings, include your X.co API Key
- Login into your wp-admin section
- From the Plugins menu choose ‘Add New’
- Search for ‘Better Adsense Targeting’
- Click on the ‘Install’ link for this plugin
If you have questions please leave them in the comments at the plugin homepage.
How do I use the Dashboard Widget
To add or remove the Dashboard Widget, click on the ‘Screen Options’ at the top right of the Dashboard and check/uncheck the X.co URL Stats option.
My Dashboard widget isn’t showing any Post Titles
At this point in time the dashboard widget will only with with permalink structures ending in /%postname%/ or the default which has urls ending in ?p=###.
Contributors & Developers
“Twitter Tools – X.co URLs” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
–Version 1.1– Correction for permalink strucures causing blank Dashboard widgets. There is still some more work to do on this but it seems to be working fine at this point with any permalink ending in /%postname%/.
–Version 1.1– Added Dashboard Widget to show the click stats of your posts