- Improved compatibility with Twitter API > 1.1, special thanks again to @raamdev (#32)
- Support for Twitter API v1.1, mad, mad props to @raamdev and @s3u
- NOTE: The plugin now requires PHP 5.3 or greater
- PHP 5.4 Compatibility, props @ceyson
- Updated external libraries (Plugin Boilerplate, TLC Transients)
- Minimum WordPress version supported bumped to 3.3 (2 legacy versions)
- Plugin documentation now maintained in a collaboratively edited wiki. Feel free to contribute!
- Created listserv to provide a discussion forum for users and contributors, as well as general annoucements. Feel free to join!
- Fixed bug in deploy script which failed to included required library (TLC-Transients) resulting in fatal error upon upgrade or activation
- Significant performance improvements to front end. Twitter avatars are now retrieved asynchronously (using TLC-Transients), and will update if the commenter's avatar changes
- Plugin no longer looks for short URLs (e.g., domain.com/?p=100) to prevent issue where Twitter API would not return results in some instances
- Fix for hourly cron not properly registering after upgrade or deactivation and preventing hourly checks from firing
- Fix for manual cron instructions appearing on options page when hourly cron was selected
- Added Spanish translation support, special thanks to Eduardo Larequi.
- Better translation support.
- Fix for
invalid argument supplied foreach() error on some installs.
- Fix for hourly cron not always firing on some installs.
- Codebase completely rewritten with performance, stability, customizability, and documentation improvements
- Additional API hooks added for developers to further customize plugin's functionality
- Plugin now hosted on GitHub if developers would like to fork and contribute.
- Better internationalization support
- GPL license now distributed with plugin
*** NOTE: you must manually reactivate the plugin after upgrading to this version**
* Fix for bug where the name of authors with previous tweets would display the twitter username multiple times
* Changed name of primary plugin file to conform to traditional plugin format
- Fix for including RTs option toggling opposite behavior of what should be expected (Special thanks Joel Knight for the patch)
- Corrected bug that would prevent scheduled checks from properly firing.
- Improved scheduling of automatic checks
- Codebase completely re-written from the ground up
- Significant performance improvements by integrating with native WordPress caching class
- Extensive API hooks added for plugin developers to expand and customize functionality
- Debug information removed for performance considerations
- Added support for translations
- Added hideable donate button to the options page
- Fixed bug where TMAC debug info would appear on ALL duplicate comment errors
- Added support to check ?p=### formats for some shortened URLs
- Fixed bug where update check would fail if plugin had been upgraded from pre-0.4 version
- Fixed duplicate comment bug
- Fixed bug where Tweet ID was not being properly stored
- Added ability to run check manually based on cron job
- Better API throttling with feedback when limit reached
- Now relies solely on the public Twitter API, no API keys needed
- Ability to specify type of comment (Pingback/Trackback/Comment)
- Ability to specify which posts to check (e.g., 10 most recent posts, all posts, front page)
- Better caching of Twitter user's real names
- Better caching of last checked ID (when no mentions were found)
- More descriptive feedback on options page for manual refreshes (# of Mentions found)
- API call throttling
- Fallback capability to use only Twitter handle as name if Twitter API limit is reached