This plugin is the most efficient way to integrate the important social share buttons like twitter, facebook like, google +1 (plus one), LinkedIn, stumbleupon and Pinterest in three different position and styles.
Automatically display the social share buttons Above the post, below the post, both above and below or floating left side of post.
Flat/Round border style with/without background color. All easily configurable through settings.
Option to load the script in header as well, if you wish to.
Left side floating option is the latest trend these days. The top and left spacing can be configured according to your site layout. Using simple CSS and not ajax for better performance. Also floating bar can be fixed on that position or absolute and can be configured easily through settings.
Option to display on home page, static pages, category, tag, archive pages.
Shortcode [tfg_social_share] which can be inserted in test for any post or pages to display the socail share bar.
Add a custom field “disable_social_share” with value “yes” to disable social share for specific pages or posts.
Facebook Like thumbnail will now display thumbnail specific to the post or page.
Adjust width of individual social share button configure count display.
Option to manually display the share box at any position.
Option to disable on Mobile Devices (iPad, iPhone, Blackberry, Nokia, Android, Opera Mini)
Advanced image search for Pinterest sharing. (searches post thumbnail, then attached image to post and lastly any image inserted in the post content (picks up first image found).
Very easy to install, similar to rest of the plugins.
- Download and unzip the plugin twitter-facebook-google-plusone-share.zip.
- Copy the unzipped folder in your Plugins directory under wordpress installation. (wp-content/plugins)
- Activate the plugin through the plugin window in the admin panel.
- Configure the settings through Settings->TWG Social Share in the admin panel.
[FAQs for the plugin]
If you have any doubts or question or want to customise the plugin then get in touch with me at
SearchTechWord WordPress Plugin
I will try and help as much as possible and answer all your queries. I am ready to add to more features if you demand for the same, all free of cost. Always there to help you.
Plugin seems abandoned. It throws many notices and warnings in the latest versions of WP. Not recommended.
I have to agree with girlswithguns, who commented on the poor support for this plugin.
I managed to get the plugin working on an earlier version of WP, but with the release of WP 4, the Twitter count went away (when floating on the left of the page). Comments to the developer have brought no changes. We are now up to WP 4.4.1 and still no fix. I have since installed another social plugin that does not display the counts at all. Better to have no counts, than to have a blank space where the count should be.
There are some bugs reported when logging is enabled, but they don’t seem to cause any problems. It’s just shows that the shabby support is matched by shabby development.
It worked as advertised for a while. But it is as if the developer just put it out for download and then forgot about it. This could have been a good plugin, too. Bummer…
Now it bugs out all over the place for me!
Very nice plugin…After a long search for a perfect plugin for my site, I got this one. really nice and 100% comapatable with my site.
Currently installed on SparkyHub
Contributors & Developers
“Add Twitter, Facebook Like, Google plus one Social share” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Facebook like box clipping issue fixed
- Pinterest all issues fixed
- Other minor code fixes
- Bug fix for Facebook Like on IE
- Support https sites
- Final fix for “Tweet” and “Pin It” test in excerpt
- Couple of other small fixes.
- Added Pinterest share option.
- Fix for the “Tweet” text in the excerpt.
- couple of W3C validator fixes.
- Fixed a minor bug for disable mobile device display.
- Added option to disable on Mobile device
- Added LinkedIn Share button
- Added shortcode [tfg_social_share]
- Option to disable social share for individual post and pages.
- Thumbnail search functionality for facebook like.
- Adjust width of individual social share button.
- Configure count display for Google +1 and Twitter.
- CSS included in separate file.
- Fixed a small bug related to single page display.
- Added notice in settings page regarding floating left option.
- Added new feature to display Social share buttons on home page, static pages, category, archives, tags.
- Fixed a small bug for left side floating facebook like.
- Add the option in settings to enter your twitter id. This will be used in “via @yourtweetid” in the tweet text.
- Fixed a small CSS bug for facebook like (left floating).
- Initial version