The TweetMeme Twitter Follow Button is a new way to gain extra Twitter Followers, it allows your blog visitors to instantly know if they are already following your Twitter account or not, if not then it allows the visitor to follow you without leaving your site.
The button has been designed for simplicity and comes in three styles compact, standard and square.
The Follow Button has a live counter so that you can see visually if the user is worth following just based upon the count and matches the style and ability of the TweetMeme ReTweet button. The button also knows who you are already following and shows the + sign to remind you to add the new users that you discover through the Follow Button. We also add in a WordPress sidebar widget and the ability to add the follow button to posts on a per-author basis.
Twitter Follow Button Features
- Live count of your followers
- Dynamically shows visitors if they are already following your Twitter account
- Integrated pop-up profile includes TwitterCounter, TwitterGrader and Twitalyzer
- Button does not redirect to Twitter – meaning users stay your website
- 3 Distinct styles to choose from
- Replace comment avatars with Twitter avatars (defaults to gravatar when none is supplied)
- Sidebar Widget
- Ability to replace author information with the follow button
For help and support please refer to the TweetMeme help section at help.tweetmeme.com.
Follow the steps below to install the plugin.
- Upload the TweetMeme directory to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Settings/follow to configure the button
Contributors & Developers
“TweetMeme Twitter Follow Button” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
0.2 Fixes a problem outputing the author information to the feed.