Imports a Tumblr blog into a WordPress blog.
- Correctly handles post formats
- Background importing: start it up, then come back later to see how far it’s gotten
- Duplicate checking, will not create duplicate imported posts
- Imports posts, drafts, and pages
- Media Side loading (for audio, video, and image posts)
- Upload the files to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go to Tools->Import and use the new importer.
Sadly doesn’t work for media, not in 2017 at least. Tried both on 4.7.2 and 4.1.15, same result either way. It saves me some time by creating the posts and syncing the post date, however it hotlinks images, and doesn’t import the text very well (sentences get broken up into lines instead of flowing properly into a paragraph). Probably due to Tumblr changing some stuff, I dunno. Appreciate the plugin regardless, 50% time saved is better than 0% time saved.
Text posts come up OK, but anything else has problems.
- Single picture posts are converted into gallery posts, i.e. instead of a nice large picture as in Tumblr, you get the smallest available thumbnail size (in my installation it was 150px), then you will have to modify each post manually because the width and height are hardcoded into the img tag (hence regenerating thumbnails wouldn’t work either).
- Audio posts are a problem too, the importer converts Spotify embeds into broken links to non-existent mp3 files.
- Youtube embeds are completely removed from the post.
El funcionamiento es perfecto, cumple con lo que oferta, ni mas ni menos.
Ayuda mucho a los novatos y se integra de forma perfecta en mi sitio donde ver futbol
Easy and fast, works good.
I try it on my travel blog BookingLetters.com
Contributors & Developers
“Tumblr Importer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Tumblr Importer” has been translated into these 10 locales: French, Indonesian, Russian, Croatian, Serbian, Italian, Romanian, English (UK), English (Canada), English (Australia). Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
- Fix callback handling for Tumblr OAuth. They no longer recognize the callback in the authorize URL, and instead expect a non-urlencoded callback parameter in the request-token call. This is not documented anywhere that I can find.
- Update to use new Tumblr API, many fixes and improvements.
- Significant improvements in the performance of the importer
- Improves import of images from Tumblr – better choice of images sizes for theme display
- Improved author selection logic on single author blogs
- Auto refreshing to show import progress and give clearer feedback
- Improves import videos from Tumble – enable auto-embedding for for content.
- Block imports from Tumblr sites with mapped domains enabled because they don’t work well – you have to temporarily disable the mapping.
- Fix edge cases for tumblr photos where tumblr isn’t returning expected headers for filenames
- Map multi-image posts to Gallery post format
- Import Tags
- Import Media to server (Images, Audio, Custom uploaded Video’s)
- Set the date on Media imports for easier management
- Handle multi-image posts
- Handle question/answer posts
- Handle video posts somewhat better
- Speedup (reduce importer delay from 3 minutes to 1 minute)
- The audio, video, and image formats no longer use the caption for the titles. Tumblr seems to facilitate putting all sorts of crazy stuff into the caption fields as part of their reblogging system. So instead, these types of posts will have no titles at all. Sorry, but Tumblr simply doesn’t have any sort of title fields here to work with, and no data that can be used to “create” a title for them.
- Minor debug error cleanup.
- Sideloading now done on drafts and pages as well.
- First version, not meant to be used except for testing.