Create Google Analytics segments based on User Roles.Be sure “wp_footer” is used on your footer.php file.
For more info… http://inboundable.com/blog/track-logged-in-wordpress-users-with-analytics.
For Questions, comments, criticisms… @inboundable
- Upload this plugin to your directory and activate through the ‘Plugins’ menu.
- Wait for wordpress users to login and be processes in Google Analytics (typically 1 day).
- Log into your Analytics account and find/ click “Create New Segment”.
- Click “Conditions”.
- Select “Custom Variable (Value 05)” from the left-side drop down menu.
- On the right-side field, begin typing one of the user role types (Super Admin, Administrator, Editor, Author, Contributor, Subscriber) and as you type, you should see options to choose from appear below the field.
- Select to either “Include” or “Exclude” these visitors from your Analytics reports.
- Give the segment a descriptive name such as “User Role Administrator” and click “Save”.
- During future Analytics, you can select the custom segment you’ve created for a quick analysis of your logged in visitors.
- Tweet a thanks to @inboundable
- no questions yet…
…so no answers yet…
Contributors & Developers
“Track Logged in WordPress Users with Analytics” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors