Sidebar widget that shows the top post from a particular category plus its thumbnail. The excerpt from the post can be overridden.
- removes the dependency on the excerpt reloaded plugin
- fixes the “more” tag which used to disappear when you overrode the excerpt
- changes the category selector to a drop-down list in the admin
- is now a multi-widget—allows for multiple instance of the widget in a sidebar showing top posts from different categories
To install the plugin:
- Unzip the plugin into the /wp-content/plugins directory on your webserver.
- Activate the plugin.
- In your sidebar, add the ‘Top Post from Category’ widget. You can also add several instances of this widget if you want.
- Open the widget options and specify what category ID to pull the top post from.
- You can leave the Excerpt blank for the default post excerpt or you can enter text to override that value.
Please visit cjyabraham.com for questions and discussion.
Contributors & Developers
“Top Post From Category Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors