This WordPress plugin/widget will display top commenters of your blog in the form of gravatar images. The images can be stacked up or listed in a sidebar box, linked to the commenter’s website. You can also change its behavior to display the current post commenters in a single post, also in the form of gravatar images. If your blog is powered by self-hosted WordPress version 2.8 or above, you can use this widget and place it anywhere within the sidebar of your WordPress blog. This widget should encourage your blog readers to put comments into your posts.
This widget is configurable. You can specify the number of top commenters to be displayed in the list. You also can specify the gravatar width. And if you ever want to exclude someone (or yourself) from the list, just put the email addresses into the exclude list. Even more, you can specify the time frame of comments whose commenters are included in the list.
In the Appearance -> Widgets in WordPress 2.8 or newer you’ll find the Top Commenters Gravatar widget. After adding it to your sidebar you can enter a title for the Widget, and all settings required for this widget to work properly.
- Upload the ‘top-commenters-gravatar’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go to Appearance -> Widget -> Top Commenters Gravatar, drag and drop it to sidebar area, and start entering your info.
- Deactivate Top Commenters Gravatar in the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- After Deactivation a ‘Delete’ link appears below the plugin name, follow the link and confim with ‘Yes, Delete these files’.
- This will delete all the plugin files from the server as well as erasing all options the plugin has stored in the database.
Please visit Top Commenters Gravatar’ Comments for questions and answers.
Contributors & Developers
“Top Commenters Gravatar” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
Version 1.1 – 14 June 2009
- Adds feature: all-time posts interval
Version 1.0 – 10 June 2009
- Initial Release