Control and Customize the WordPress Toolbar. Toolbar Remixed allows you to change the style and functionality of the WordPress Toolbar. You can choose from black (similar to the default WordPress toolbar colors), blue, or grey colors, and the toolbar style is enhanced with CSS3 box shadows and gradients to make it stand out even more. Give Toolbar Remixed a try instead of disabling the WordPress toolbar, making it useful and stylish.
* Customize the colors of the WordPress toolbar (Black,Blue,Grey)
* Hide menus and buttons that appear by default in the WordPress toolbar such as the My Sites menu, the WordPress logo menu, the Comments button, the New Content and Edit buttons, the Updates button, the Search box, and the Site Name menu.
* Hide BuddyPress menus that appear under the User Menu on the far right side – Activity, Blogs, Friends, Groups, etc. can all be hidden to clean up the WordPress toolbar to make it easier for users to find what they need fast and with style.
* Change the text that appears in the user menu of the WordPress toolbar when you login. Usually it says “Howdy, username” but you can change it to the name of your site or “Hi, username” or “Yo, username” or whatever works for your site.
Check out Toolbar Remixed Pro for additional options such as:
* Completley customize the colors for the WordPress toolbar, making it fit your site’s color scheme perfectly.
* Hide some popular plugin menus that appear in the WordPress toolbar such as W3TC.
* Add any custom navigation menus into the WordPress toolbar. You can attach normal WordPress navigation menus to the toolbar
* Add icons for the menu title for menus inserted with Toolbar Remixed Pro
* Add icons for the menu items for menus inserted with Toolbar Remixed Pro
* Change the order of the menus you’ve added via Toolbar Remixed.
Use the Coupon Code tbremixed100 to get $5 off – limited to the first 100 purchases of Toolbar Remixed.
Toolbar Remixed Pro was created by Site Guru.
- Upload toolbar-remixed.zip to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Configure the options under Settings -> Toolbar Remixed in the WordPress Admin section.
- Why didn’t anything happen after I activated the plugin?
Toolbar Remixed allows you to change more than the styles, so by default the WordPress defaults styles are left on until the user changes them in the Settings -> Toolbar Remixed Free page. Turn ON the Toolbar Styles, then select a color and save the options to see the updated Toolbar Remixed styles.
Contributors & Developers
“Toolbar Remixed – Free” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added option for hiding the toolbar for logged out users
- New color – Grey
- Updated styles
- Working with WordPress 3.6
- First made into a plugin