Have you ever been working in WordPress and needed to jot down some notes for later? Of course you have! Now there’s a dashboard widget that can manage your to-do items quickly and easily. You’ll wonder how you ever got along without it.
Just type a to-do item and hit enter. That’s it! You can enter HTML in your to-do items including links and images, or just plain text. Re-order items simply by dragging them. Edit an item by double clicking, making your changes, then clicking outside the item.
- Display age for each to-do item (e.g. 2 weeks ago)
- Display a completed option that adds a strike-through to the item and marks it as completed
- Limit the number of to-do items that can be entered
- Restrict the HTML tags that can be used in the to-do items
- Automatically color code items based on their age
- Restrict the plugin by role
- Cleanup database upon plugin removal
- Upload the plugin folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- The HTML tags I entered aren’t working
The format of your text in this field is critical to it working. There must be no spaces anywhere in the text. For example
em,i,b,strong,a(href/title)will work while
em, i, b, strong, a(href/title)wont. Also be sure that any attributes you enter (e.g. href, title, src) are separated by forward slashes and enclosed in parenthesis.
- Why isn’t the administrator role listed with the other roles that an access the widget?
Since dashboard widgets are configured from the widget itself, someone needs to always have access to it, hence the administrator is always included in the list of roles and can’t accidentally be omitted.
Amasing plug in, drag and drop functionality is great.
Agreed with previous review for editing option
Would happily translate it (if it was set up?)
Thank you for making this plugin.
Feature Request: can you make the To-Do List title editable?
Thank you for checking.
A clever little plugin, that adds functionality to your Dashboard. It has some very nice features and is customizable (I like customizable). Uncomplicated and easy to use. One of the features I find very useful is the ability to rearrange the list order so that I can move any item to any position.
Things that would make it even better…
- Edit an item (being able to edit an item on the list)
- Item-to-post (that is to be able to create a post directly from a listed item)
I would not like to see this messed with too much as it’s small, unobtrusive and very useful as is. As yet, I’ve not tried the HTML tags.
This plugin is well worth trying as it may suit you just as much as it suits me.
My thanks to Jason for the work that he’s put in so far.
Edited to add…
In order to show the correct icons for the options “Mark as completed” and “Delete”, I installed this plugin…
For a “Live” site, this is unnecessary. I also have an off-line copy of my site (running on localhost) which is why the above is required for me.
I’ve updated my rating of this plugin to 5*, for Version: 1.1
It’s a lovely little plugin and now that you’re able to edit the contents, I can find no fault with it. The ‘Item-to-post’ comment that I made earlier is maybe redundant now as I can simply C&P the contents. Maybe I should explain; I use WP as part of my CRM system so my needs, although not unique, are maybe different from a someone using WP for more traditional stuff. Having a ‘To-Do’ list on my Dashboard is very handy.
Again, my thanks to Jason for the very good work that he’s done on this. Please give this plugin a try; it’s a very useful tool.
Contributors & Developers
“To-Do Dashboard Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added the ability to edit any item.
- Initial release.