Full configuration options are available.
- Define the pool of posts, by selecting individual posts or whole categories from which featured posts will be drawn.
- Configure the number of posts to be displayed and the method of selecting the posts (alphabetically, newest, oldest or randomly) displayed from the pool of posts.
- For featured posts show post title and optionally date, author and an excerpt of the post content.
- [Optionally] Select the frequency with which featured posts are reselected (By default hourly, 8, 4, 2 or 1 times a day).
- [Optionally] Choose to leave posts in the pool of posts after they have been featured or to remove them.
- Unzip into your
- Activate ‘Those Were The Days’ through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the ‘Those Were The Days’ options page (Under Options on the main admin menu) and configure!
- To activate the widget click the ‘Presentation’ then ‘Widgets’ menu options and drag the ‘Those Were The Days’ block into your sidebar.
- View you site and then Refresh it once and the widget will start to operate!
- Where can I leave feedback about the Those Were The Days plugin?
- The first sentence of my post isn’t showing!
Ensure that there is no HTML markup in the post before the first sentence. HTML confuses Those Were The Days.
- I want a different time period
You can quite easily add some new time periods into the function twtd_add_intervals() in those_were_the_days.php. You’ll need some PHP programming skills but it’s pretty straight forward.
- Plugin doesn’t seem to be working
Have you refreshed you blog as in step 5 of the installation instructions? ~ No, then go do that now!
Contributors & Developers
“Those Were The Days” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors