Tired of dealing with hard to use Thesis skins? Hate having to figure out how to use FTP every time you want to swap out designs? Well no need to worry about that any longer! As of today, you don’t need to mess with any of that to install ThesisReady thesis skins. The entire process is managed via the WordPress admin area on your site. Simply backup your old copy of Thesis, upload the plugin and a fresh copy of the current version of the Thesis framework, and you’re good to go. You’ll be able to log into your ThesisReady account right from your admin area and install any theme from you’ve purchased.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- If you already have Thesis 1.8 installed, change the name of that folder from “thesis_18″ to “thesis_18_backup”.
- Download a new copy of Thesis from DIYthemes.com
- In your WordPress Dashboard, click on Appearance, then Themes, then Add themes. Once there, you’ll see a button called upload.
- Upload the thesis_18.zip file you just downloaded. It is important that this folder have no custom code added to the custom.css or custom_functions.php files, and be called “thesis_18″ or the child themes will not work.
- Now visit Plugins -> Add New, and upload the ThesisReady Product Manager zip file. Once that’s complete, hit activate plugin.
- You’re now ready to install ThesisReady Thesis Skins, by visiting Settings -> ThesisReady Product Manager and logging into your ThesisReady.com account.
- After that, simple click the download button under the skin you want to use on your site, and wait for the process to finish.
- You can then visit the skin’s options panel to activate it (by hitting the red link in the top) and and configuring the options.
- That’s it! You’re now rocking a ThesisReady Thesis skin, with no FTP required.
- Do I need to be a ThesisReady.com member to use this?
Yes! But, you can create a free account and use many of the free thesis skins at no cost.
- What version of Thesis does this work with?
It works only with the most recent version. Earlier versions are not supported.
Contributors & Developers
“ThesisReady Product Manager” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors