After setting this up on several sites, I figured it may be time to release this simple plugin into the wild. This plugin adds google authorship support to the Thesis theme. It creates a new contact method called “Google Profile URL” to the WordPress profiles screen, adds a rel=me to the author byline, and adds a link to the Google+ profile on the author’s archive with rel=author. If you can’t do domain email verification to establish authorship and you’re using Thesis, this plugin will help.
Should work with Thesis 1.6+. Please let me know if there are any issues.
- Make sure you have “Show author name in post byline” and “Link author name to archive” selected under Thesis Design Options > Display Options > Bylines.
- Add your Google+ profile link to your profile information.
- Add a link to your author archive to your Google+ profile, in either your “other profiles” or “contributor to” sections.
- Check everything by visiting the Google Rich Snippets testing Tool.
- Upload file to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
1. Search for “Thesis Google Authorship” in the Plugins->Add New dashboard
Thanks, this plugin helped me a lot.
Contributors & Developers
“Google Authorship for Thesis” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial commit.