Movie Quotes widget will fetch the latest, random or top rated quotes from themoviequotes.com website, and display them on your blog.
You can select between:
– Latest Quotes
– Random Quotes
– Top Rated Quotes (as rated by TheMovieQuotes.com users)
You can also set how many quotes you would like to show.
Movie Quotes widget uses in-built MagPie for reading data and HTTP Snoopy Client for fetching data from themoviequotes.com.
For less stress on the system, Movie Quotes widget does not use database, but it caches data to a file.
the-movie-quotesdirectory to the
/wp-content/cachefolder if it doesn’t exist and chmod it to 777
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to ‘Design’ -> ‘Widgets’ to add, and configure the widget
Contributors & Developers
“The Movie Quotes” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Version 1.4 (2008/12/11)
- Fix: Works in WordPress 2.7 now, Snoopy is getting old problems 😉
- Version 1.3 (2008/10/11)
- Fix: If TheMovieQuotes.com website is down, it reads from cache instead of trying to get new quote
- Added option to put movie title below the quote
- Removed “vid=” from query string. No more version checks
- Version 1.2 (2008/08/04)
- Added option to show only quotes with N lines
- Added “vid=” to query string. “vid” = Version ID. If you are using non-compatible version of TMQ widget, it will show a notification
- Fix: Removed “die();” when cache folder cannot be found. Error message is still shown, but it doesn’t kill the whole blog. 🙂
- Changed: Default setting changed from “latest” to “random” quotes
- Version 1.0 (2008/07/22)
- Initial version