This plugin addresses a much needed feature within the WordPress core; a password change reminder service. Yes, being reminded to change your password can be a nusance but it is a good idea to always and regularly change your password.
The CodeTree Password Changer is a simple utility that will remind users to change their account password. You can specify the intervals in which reminders are made. Once a user’s password has expired the utility will send a daily email to the user until the password is changed. The CodeTree Password Changer also includes access to a simple random password generator for convenience. Users ARE NOT prevented from logging in to WordPress if their password expires but they will receive a daily email until their password is changed. The plugin also provides a handy link to some randomly generated passwords. You may enable or disable password monitoring on an individual user level.
Using the plugin without an API key will limit the user the three predefined interval periods; using a valid API key will allow the user to specify any interval. You can get your API key at http://mycodetree.com
- Upload the plugin archive file into WordPress using the ‘Add New’ option under the plugin menu in the Administration area.
- Alternatively, you can unzip the plugin archive and FTP the contents to the wp-content/plugin/ folder of WordPress
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Navigate to ‘Codetree Pass’ under the settings menu. If using the plugin with an active subscription then place your
API key in the ‘API Key’ in the appropriate box.
- Turn monitoring ‘on’ for the users you wish to monitor or ‘off’ for the users you do not want to monitor. The default for news users is ‘off’.
Please supply a valid API key found in the subscription area of your account ..
This indicates that you have not supplied an API key to the plugin. You do not need an API key or an active CodeTree subscription in order to use the Manual Backup feature of the plugin.
This is not a valid API key
This indicates that the API key supplied to the plugin is not a valid API key issued by The CodeTree. Login into your account at http://mycodetree.com and verify your API key. Please email email@example.com if you have an difficulties.
The API key is not valid for the domain
This indicates that the API key supplied to the plugin may be valid but is not issued for the domain that it is being used with. Login into your account at http://mycodetree.com and verify your API key.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have an difficulties.
Contributors & Developers
“CodeTree Pass Changer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- Launch Version
- Added increased features for duration
- Blessed version, released to the world at large