- Do I need a Casengo Live Chat account to add the widget to my site?
Yes, you do. You can sign up here. Casengo offers a free trial for 30 days. More information on product features and pricing can be found at casengo.com.
- How can I customise the Live Chat widget?
That’s great! You can customize the Live Chat window (the Live Chat widget) to replicate your corporate branding. Here’s how:
1. Get yourself to the Admin Site
2. Next, press on 'channels’
3. Go to 'Chat' and click on ‘Appearance’ from the left-hand menu
4. Click on the editable ‘color’ field and a spectrum of colors will appear. Simply click on the color you fancy to select the background color for your chat widget header. Alternatively, input the hex code if you have this information to hand.
5.Give your chat window/widget a heading, such as ‘Support’ or ‘Chat now’.
6. Set the color of your title text by repeating step 3.
7. Create the ‘Greeting’ people will see when the live chat window appears. For example: "Welcome to Casengo Live Chat", "Live Chat Window", "Invitation", "Pre-Chat Window", "Offline Message Window", "Live Chat Window", "Live Chat Interface","How may we help you?"
8. Upload your company logo by clicking ‘choose file’ > select the JPEG, Gif or PNG file you have on file > and just hit ‘Upload’ to confirm your selection.
9. Click on ‘Preview’ to see how your chat window looks.
10. Hit ‘Save’ to lock it in.
- How can I hide, deactivate or disable the live chat button on my website when I am offline?
It might indeed be a good idea to disable the live chat functionality temporarily, for instance when you’re not available to accept chat requests. It’s easy:
1. Start with opening the Casengo application. Press ‘Go to the Admin Site’.
2. Click on the tab ‘Channels’ and then ‘Configuration’.
3. Go to ‘Chat Button’ and select ‘hide’.
4. Wait 1 minute for the changes to take effect.
Note: Only available at 'Basic', 'Premium' and 'Enterprise'.
- How do I add a custom template for multiple live chat screens?
You're able to add multiple live chat screens, in multiple languages. This is useful if you've got a multilingual website, or if you want to use one Casengo Live Chat account for multiple websites.
1. Go to the Casengo Admin Site > Channels, and choose Chat > Configuration.
2. Next to the template dropdown menu, click on "Add Template".
3. Choose the language/country in the dropdown and give your custom template a name. Hit "Save".
4. Choose your newly added language from the dropdown menu.
5. Add your custom template messages and hit save at the bottom of the page.
6. Go to "Appearance" and customize the chat widget in the exact way you want it to be. (TIP: Give your new chat widget a label in the "Show advanced settings". By doing this, you’ll always be able to see in which language the chat started.)
7. Choose your new language template from the "Language" dropdown menu, and your new script will be waiting for you at the bottom of the page. Copy this script and paste it where you want it to be. Your new custom language chat is now set up!
NOTE: This live chat feature is only for Premium live chat users.
- How can I view my live chat history?
All your live chat records and offline messages are stored in our database. You can query for a particular live chat conversation from your Casengo Live Chat inbox.
- How to make the live chat window proactive?
Just add the following script to your live chat widget script:
The standard time interval is 5 seconds (5000 in script). You can change this time interval by changing the number 5000 in the script.
- Can I invite a visitor to have a live chat?
Yes. You can either manually send a live chat invitation to a visitor or set up the live chat auto invitation to automatically invite your visitors to a live chat.
- Which languages does Casengo Live Chat support?
Casengo Live Chat currently support English, German, Dutch and Russian. If you want to help out Casengo Live Chat in adding new languages drop us a note at email@example.com
Can i use the Casengo FAQ plugin and the Live Chat plugin at the same time?
Yes, you can. Just download and install the Casengo FAQ plugin, and the button will appear on the FAQ pages as well! Don't forget to set your unique Casengo username (subdomain) from the admin settings page.
How do I integrate Casengo Live Chat with "Contact Form 7"?
It is easy... simply put your "firstname.lastname@example.org" (the email address you have received from Casengo to forward your emails to) in
the contact form.
Steps to take:1. Login to your wordpress admin.
2. Click on "Contact" in admin menu.
3. Click on the form you want to use.
4. In the "Mail" fields include "email@example.com" in the "To" field.
5. Save the changes made.
- How can I set up email forwarding for Gmail?
Forward emails from your Gmail account to your Casengo email address, by simply following the instructions below or watch the video:
1. Click the gear icon in the upper right, then select 'Settings'.
2. Click the 'Forwarding and POP/IMAP' tab.
3. From the first drop-down menu in the "Forwarding" section, select 'Add a Forwarding Address.'
4. Enter your bespoke Casengo email address you wish to forward your emails to.
(For your security, Gmail will send a verification to that email address).
5. Open your forwarding email account, and find the confirmation message from the Gmail team.
6. Click the verification link in that email.
7. Back in your Gmail account, select the 'Forward a copy of incoming mail to...' option and select your Casengo email address from the drop-down menu.
8. Select the action you'd like your messages to take from the drop-down menu. You can choose to keep Gmail's copy of the message in your inbox, or you can send it automatically to 'All Mail' or 'Trash'.
9. Click 'Save Changes' and you're done.
- How can I set up email forwarding for Hotmail?
You can forward emails from your Hotmail account to your Casengo account by following these simple steps:
1. Sign in to your Windows Live Hotmail.
2. Choose 'Inbox' on the upper right of the screen and click 'Options', followed by 'More Options'.
3. Go to 'Managing your Account' and choose 'Email Forwarding'.
4. Click 'Forward your Mail to Another Email Account', then type-in the email address on the box that says 'Where do you Want your Messages to be Sent?'
5. Don't forget to select the check box 'Keep a Copy of Forwarded Messages in your Windows Live Hotmail Inbox'.
6. Click 'Save'.
- How can I customise the look and feel of my knowledge base to fit my WordPress theme?
Download the Casengo FAQ plugin for WordPress to integrate the knowledge base into your site. Click here to go to the Casengo FAQ plugin page for more information.
- Still questioning the benefits of live chat?
Our team wrote a great article on the benefits of live chat Live chat software: 5 benefits for webshops
We’re a very popular live chat provider in the world - loved by over 40,000 businesses
Free for 3 live chat users
A simple and highly customizable live chat widget to complement your website and taste
User friendly dashboard lets you monitor live chat visitor activity and manage live chats
- How does Casengo Live Chat compare to other live chat providers (Zopim, Olark, Snapengage, Zendesk, Clickdesk, Live Chat Inc, Live Person)
- Where can I get help if I have more questions about live chat?
Questions or suggestions? Click here to have a live chat with us. We'd love to help you out. Our dedicated live chat support team are always standing by to help you along the way.