It removes ‘category’ from your permalink structure (e.g. /category/name to /name).
Better permalinks for SEO (Search Engines, Indexing your blog posts).
Prettier category structure for your users (increased engagement, readership).
Super light, fast, and no need for any setup.
Works with sub-categories
Redirects old category permalinks to the new ones via a 301 redirect so you don’t lose any existing SEO.
- Upload the plugin to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- The plugin is now active.
- View more information in the ‘SEO Categories’ menu item
Contributors & Developers
“TentBlogger SEO Categories” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- 3.3 compatibility
- Custom header image
- Resolving a repository conflict
- 3.2 compatibility
- UI improvements
- TentBlogger single-menu implementation
- Minor style changes to the SEO Categories dashboard
- Update to the plugin URI
- Fixed a problem occurring around creating new categories after the plugin is activated.
- Initial release