Of course, the current version of this plugin is 1.1, so there are a
couple of bugs/limitations that you should know about.
* You must choose ‘Save Changes’ to commit any deletions or additions to the tagline database. Hopefully, this will soon be automated
* The plugin currently does not delete the tables it creates upon de-activation (that way you don’t lose your taglines). However,
if you manually delete the table, WordPress will throw an error upon re-activation of the plugin. The easiest way to fix this is to change the option
‘tagline_tables’ in wp_options to be ‘false’ NB: If you’re not comfortable manually editing your mySQL database, don’t worry. The table will just sit there
and work if you re-activate the plugin.
* It still won’t do the dishes.
- Fixes an issue where double quotes in a tagline prevent it from being deleted. Thanks to Thorsten for pointing out this bug.
- Allows you to edit taglines without deleting and recreating them.
- Allows compatibility with themes which use either the bloginfo() or get bloginfo() function to display the tagline.
- Allows compatibility with themes which use either the bloginfo() or get bloginfo() function to display the tagline. Has been tested good.
- Plugin database table is now compliant with WordPress database prefix (i.e. it will use the database prefix set by WP, not the previous wp_tagline_rotator). This should make it WPMU compatible as well, although this is still untested. Upgrading automatically through WordPress from a previous = will also rename the database table to use the correct prefix.
- Updated UI in Admin Settings to put Save button and add functionality at the top.
- DO NOT DOWNLOAD: fixed an issue with taglines not displaying in headers, but included tagline from Settings=>General by mistake. Use 1.4 instead.
- Fixed me shutting my brain off on = 1.3. Displays tagline in header, but does not duplicate taglines.
- Changed plugin to class=based structure and cleaned up a lot of the logic.
- Removed all MySQL queries and switched to using options for storing taglines.
- Added an upgrade function to pull old taglines from table=based = s of the plugin that is called on activation.
- Fixes an issue with slashes not being properly escaped, and an issue with sorting that could cause a duplicate tagline to appear when changing an existing tagline. If you have = 2.0, you should upgrade immediately.
- Fixes a bug that could cause taglines not to display.
- Allow HTML tags permitted in posts to appear in taglines
- Adds nonce verification and admin referer check