Click on the Flash media button above a post to upload and embed Flash media in your current post or page. When inserting a Flash object, the necessary shortcode is automatically inserted into the post editor. Additionally, you can manually create and edit swfobj shortcode.
The following attributes are available for use in the swfobj shortcode. If an attribute is not included, the default value is used if available. Otherwise the attribute is simply not included in the embedded content. To modify attributes, go to the
Settings > SwfObj page.
- src (required) The URL of your swf
- height The height of your object. Default is 400px.
- width The width of your object. Default is 300px.
- alt Alternative content to display.
- id The id to use on the object.
- name The name to use on the object.
- class The class name to use on the object.
- align The alignment of the object.
- required_player_version The minimum Flash player required to play the object. Default is 8.0.0
- express_install_swf The swf to replace the object with if the viewer doesn't have the minimum Flash player installed.
- getvars GET variables to be appended to the .swf file in the src attribute.
[swfobj src="movie.swf" height="250" width="400"]
Additionally, the following Flash specific parameters can be set.
For more detailed instructions, visit the plugin website
- Fixed a bug in plugin activation
- No longer using deprecated __ngettext_noop()
- Changed how alt content is embedded, fixing various errors users were experiencing
- swfobject.js is loaded via wp_equeue_script
- uses built in version of swfobject.js in WordPress 3.0+
- Plugin now works with SSL installations of WordPress
- Can embed both static and dynamic content on the same page
- Added dynamic embedding option.
- Merged with "Flash Shorttags" plugin.
- allowscriptaccess bug fix
- Updated swfobject to version 2.2
- Fixed compatibility issues for WP version 2.8
- Updated for WordPress 2.7
- Updated to swfobject version 2.1
- Added support for all available Flash parameters.
- Better support of auto-generated shortcode from the media library.
- Advanced embedding options available in media library popup.
- Flash media button allows uploading and inserting Flash media into posts and pages
- Flash media tab in the WordPress media library
- Inserting a Flash object into a post auto generates the proper shortcode.
- Added multiple language support