Safely add an SVG favicon to your site! Don’t limit your site favicon to the .ico/png/jpg formats! Upload cool vector art from your favorite vector app in seconds! Support is common for SVG favicons in modern browsers. Favicon meta generated by the customizer will not be over-written, giving older browsers a fallback in the event they lack support SVG favicons.
Before uploading your SVG favicon, make sure the aspect ratio is 1:1. For Safari, create a copy of your SVG and do the following:
- Drop if to a single color (preferably black)
- Merge art onto a single layer
- Place it on a transparent background
- viewBox attribute must be set to “0 0 16 16”
Uploading: Under the SVG Favicon tab, click the “Upload SVG Favicon” field and upload your SVG favicon
Manifest: After uploading your SVG favicon, you can fill out the corresponding manifest. This step is optional. If you already have your site manifest, leave “Use this site manifest” unchecked.
Safari: The upload process for a pinned tab icon is the same as above. Please note that pinned tab icons should be 100% black with a transparent background. The mask icon color will determine the color of the pinned tab icon.= Credits =
– Artwork by Online Web Fonts – license
– Mithril – license
– SVG Sanitizer – license
– Tippy.js – license
– Spectrum – license
- Install SVG Favicon either via the WordPress.org plugin directory or by uploading the files to your server.
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress.
- Go to the Appearance > SVG Favicon to upload your SVG favicon.
Can I use svg favicons?
Why can’t I see my svg favicons after updating?
If you are running a caching plugin for your WordPress installation, trying emptying the caches. If that doesn’t work, try emptying your browser cache and restarting.
Safari’s pinned icon cache stubborn, what can I do?
Try the following:
1. Unpin the tab for your site
2. Quit Safari
3. Remove the Template Icons folder in your Home > Library > Safari folder
4. Restart Safari
5. Refresh the page your testing (page with your mask-icon)
6. Re-pin the tab
Contributors & Developers
“SVG Favicon” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
• Initial Release.