This plugin gives you a very simple way to enable two factor authentication for your WordPress website. There is no options, settings at all, just activate it and it just works! There is no need to install any app on your smartphone, because it is using your email address as the “two factor authentication” process.
When this plugin is activated, every user will get a new email at the login process, which will have a secure token, that needs to be added as a second layer of your secure login. The email will be sent to the user, who wants to log in. This is that easy.
The email is the second factor and you don’t need any authenticator app for your phone. Even there is a link in the email, which will bring you right in the admin dashboard.
Other Surbma plugins
I have more, than 30 fantastic, FREE plugins in the official WordPress plugin directory. Please check them too here: Surbma plugins
Do you want to contribute or help improving this plugin?
You can find it on GitHub: https://github.com/Surbma/surbma-secure-login
You can find my other plugins and projects on GitHub
Please feel free to contribute, help or recommend any new features for my plugins, themes and other projects.
Do you want to know more about me?
Visit my webpage: Surbma.com
Do you like and use my free plugins?
You can donate me for FREE here: Surbma.com
- Search for Surbma | Secure Login through Plugins > Add New interface.
- Find the plugin box of Surbma | Secure Login and click on the “Install Now” button.
- Then activate the Surbma | Secure Login plugin.
- That’s it. 🙂
- Download Surbma | Secure Login
- Upload Surbma | Secure Login through Plugins > Add New > Upload interface or upload surbma-secure-login folder to the “/wp-content/plugins/” directory.
- Activate the Surbma | Secure Login plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress.
- That’s it. 🙂
Do I need to install any authenticator app, like Google Authenticator on my smartphone?
No. You don’t need any app on your smartphone. The security token will be emailed to your user’s email address.
What does Surbma mean?
It is the reverse version of my last name. 😉
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Surbma | Secure Login” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Surbma | Secure Login” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- All codes went to one file.
- Unnecessary files were deleted.
- Minor code optimisation.
- Added description.
- Code cleanup, optimization and refactoring.
- Initial release.