Stumbleupon & Digg Thumbnail Maker is a simple WordPress plugin that allows you to specifically select a thumbnail for a post when your post is submitted to some social media sites.
StumbleUpon for example, it automatically create a thumbnail & attach to users ‘favorite’ when the web page is submitted. However, it does not always create a image thumbnail as what we want. Sometime, it just capture the whole web page or even takes the image ad on your page & use it as thumbnail.
Use this plugin to insert some image & html herder tags into the post for the social media sites like Stumbleupon or Digg to pick up.
Here are some features that come with this plugin:
- The plugin will ONLY inserts the thumbnail image specify by you on the fly right before the contents when your post is submitted to Stumbleupon. At all other times, the thumbnail image is not included in your post.
- A header tag is inserted to the header of your post for Digg submission.
- You can specify different thumbnail image for different post.
- Unzip the downloaded plugin and upload the folder “sumbleupon-digg-thumbnail-maker” to the “/wp-content/plugins/” directory.
- Go to the plugin menu in WordPress and activate the plugin.
- Go to the “Settings” page and configure the options.
- Check out the editing option right under your ‘Edit Post’ panel.
Please feedback to http://techmilieu.com/sumbleupon-and-digg-thumbnail-maker for any bug you might have found, or any suggestion you like to add.
Contributors & Developers
“Stumbleupon & Digg Thumbnail Maker” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- Fix the Stumbleupon referer url detection code.
- Add the “Insert thumbnail Manually” functionality .
- Date: 22-Aug-2010
- Initial public release.
- Date: 16-Aug-2010