Strictly Content Cleaner is a simple plugin that runs when a post is saved and changes any text links like
http://www.strictly-software.com into proper anchor tags like `www.strictly-software.com which is useful for people who copy and paste content from the web and don’t have the time or skills to use the editor properly! I also convert youtube.com links into videos 500px wide by 350px high. There is no admin interface or configuration for this plugin.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Download the plugin.
- Unzip the strictly-content-cleaner.zip compressed file.
- Upload the directory strictly-content-cleaner to the /wp-content/plugins directory on your WordPress blog.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- That’s it! Try it out by copying a textual link or a youtube video URL into a post and saving a draft copy of the article. If it works you will see a proper link and a video instead of the original text links.
- If you are importing content remotely then you may need to allow your site to import object, embed and param tags which can be done in the kses.php or functions.php files.
Contributors & Developers
“Strictly Content Cleaner” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.