When enabled, the admin email address gets a message including the title, author, time stamp, category, tags, and content of each post as it gets published. Edits to published posts are also emailed.
Why use this?
- Keeps the admins aware of all new content
- Notifications when published posts are modified
- Enable with just one-click, no hassle
- No bloat, uses a simple PHP Mail command
- An extra layer of backup if backups are lost
Notice: This isn’t by any means an alternative or replacement for regular database and file backups.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- That’s it, you are done!
- How do I know this plugin is working?
It should email the address listed in the
General Settingssection in the WordPress Dashboard. An email will only be sent out when a new post is published. If you want to perform a quick test, feel free to open an existing post and hit
Update. A backup email should appear in your inbox shortly.
- What’s next for this plugin? How do I suggest a feature?
This is my first plugin and I made it in about an hour. I’ll eventually add new features. However if you have any suggestions, feel free to post them to the WordPress Support Forum with the name of this plugin as a tag.
- Where do I report bugs?
Please publish them to the WordPress Support Forum, I’ll try to respond to issues as fast as I can.
Contributors & Developers
“ST Email Backup For Published Posts” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Emails include author name
- Emails include post categories
- Emails include post tags
- Sent to Admin Email by default
- Source includes comments
- First release
- Sends email to a specified email address
- Emails title and content of an article