There are a lot of mp3-playing WordPress plugins available out there. This one aims to keep things simple and classy by employing the Google Audio Player service and an MP3-finding Auto-Embed script.
- Uses Google’s Audio Player for MP3 content on your WordPress website.
- Options page to configure player width, size, & background color
- Option to Auto-Embed the Google Audio Player, seamlessly replacing all Anchor tags (
<a ...>Text</a>) with the Google Flash Player.
- Option to Auto-Start the player on page load.
Download & Install
- Download SSG Google Audio Player WordPress Plugin
- Unzip the downloaded archive
- Upload whole ssg-google-audio-player folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Visit the SSG Google Audio Player Settings Page to configure your default player
- If Auto-Embed is checked, the plugin will automatically replace all anchor tags (
<a ...>Text</a>) linking to .mp3 files found in the body of your post.
- If Auto-Embed is NOT checked, the plugin will look for the following shortcode and will replace it when found with the Google Audio Player.
[gplayer href="MP3 FILE"]MP3 TITLE[/gplayer]
- Check the Default CSS box to enable to player style seen in the screenshots.
- The player works fine in Opera, Firefox, Safari but chokes in IE8. What’s the deal?
The first two versions of this plugin did not pay nicely with IE8. I believe thats all cleared up now.
- I’m having some trouble getting this plugin to work. Would you help me?
Sure. But you need to give me details. I need to know your system software (mac windows linux?) (version ?). I need to know the browser version you’re using. I also need to know the version of WordPress you are running, the theme, and any plugins that you are using.
Though its not necessary, a screenshot of the problem occurring would be great to send along to. The more you give me the better your chances are that we get fix the issue.
Contributors & Developers
“SSG WordPress Google Audio Player” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Updated the plugin for the new google player URL. Big thanks to Kim Mitchell for doing the research and locating the new URL. You gotta love pro-active folks like this. 🙂
- Added default CSS Option
- Fixed duplicate id attributes that was causing a frequently reported bug
- Corrected the plugin directory path as it relates to the inclusion of JS files. (thanks to edwardnh)
- Added Auto-Start option to the settings page.
- Fixed the php foreach errors.
- Fine tuned the regex that hunts for .mp3 tags to be case insensitive.
- IE7/IE8 compatibility issues addressed.
- Now uses SWFObject 2.2 to embed the google player.
- Added option to omit swfobject.js inclusion in case your theme or site is already including it.
- Accounted for case where no regex matches are made.
- First version