02-11-2009 - 126.96.36.199:
- Clearer Upgrade / Install notes on Sphider screen
- Sphider frame now grows with page to expand as you navigate through Sphider admin screens
02-11-2009 - 188.8.131.52:
- Major bug fix, autosaves were triggering reindex which triggerered errors with the site
02-06-2009 - 1.3.4:
- Initial release coupled with Sphider 1.3.4
There are two files in the plugin folder for you to use when integrating Sphider with your WordPress installation:
- your_search.php - Use this to replace your "search.php" in your theme directory. Modify this file to suit your needs and match your template as you wish.
- your_searchform.php - Use this code wherever you wish to place your search boxes. Notice there are two search forms included in this file. One will search Sphider, and one will search through WordPress. You can easily customize this form to fit your needs.
Changes to the original Sphider source
Differences between this Plugin and the original Sphider source:
- /admin/auth.php does not include /admin/database.php, instead
the db info is contained within /admin/auth.php
- /admin/auth.php has been cleared and now only contains the
include of the admin-side of WordPress (to prevent the public
from accessing the Sphider admin), and includes the wp-config.php
database settings which are passed into the variables for use
- /admin/auth.php has a table prefix of "sph_" which goes after
whatever the current $table_prefix is inside wp-config.php;
For example: "wp_sph_" is the table prefix for Sphider to use
if the $table_prefix is set to "wp_"
- /admin/database.php includes of the admin-side of WordPress
(to prevent the public from accessing the Sphider admin), and
includes the wp-config.php database settings which are passed
into the variables for use within Sphider.
- All references to the function list_cats have been changed to
sphider_list_cats for compatibility with WordPress.
- /include/commonfuncs.php has the remove_accents function removed
in favor of the now included WordPress remove_accents function
which is actually going to do a much better job :-)
- /admin/admin.php has a Sphider bug fix, urlencode before URL is
output for links. WordPress (or just the server) doesn't like the
URL without being encoded, or else it will show a 404 error.
- All references to the function get_links have been changed to
sphider_get_links for compatibility with WordPress.
- /admin/admin.php has the log out function removed, from both
the menu and the switch($f)
- /include/commonfuncs.php has another included "allowed" include
directory to allow for search form integration on the site.
- /settings/conf.php has a new configurable variable, searchFile
which can be set in the search.php file or wherever you place it
to point to the url it is actually located at.
- /templates/ have had all of it's files modified to replace
search.php with $searchFile for support of the new variable
mentioned in item #11 of this change list.
- New template added, named "wordpress", and set as default in
/settings/conf.php - this template has the fixes necessary
to run search through WordPress's theme directory.
- /your_search.php has been added for use within the WP Theme
directory as the new search.php
- /your_searchform.php has been added for use within the WP
Theme directory as the new searchform.php
- /admin/reindex.php has been added to allow this plugin to
reindex a URL when a post is saved, added, or deleted from
- /admin/spider.php has been modified to NOT run index_site if
the "index_url" is in the query string; No extra functions will
run, interupting the index process from item #16 in this change