You can either install the plugin using the WordPress auto-installer, or
commenting.php and all sub folders to
If the directory doesn't exist then create it.
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
- You should now see an extra menu show up under the settings menu in the main
- Check a page on your site with comments and see that everything is as you'd
hope. If it's not then proceed to the config menu and see if what you want
can be set from there.
- The first option with this plug-in is the option to define at which point
the comments roll up. Default is set so that all replies are hidden behind a
click but with the drop down you could specify that replies to replies are
hidden or replies to replies of replies and so on...
- The next block is for controlling the titles that show above the comment
block and the trackback block if your theme separates them out.
- Choose the stylesheet you want to use with your theme. At the moment there
are two, the default style for use with light coloured themes and the dark
style for use with dark themes. You can also disable the CSS here if you'd
rather roll it into your theme's stylesheet. If you add more CSS files with
the special CSS comment to the style folder in the plug-in or add a
commenting.css to your theme's folder then that'll show up in this list too.
- The comment update block lets you control the frequency of comment update
and whether they're enabled or not. The default status for "Auto update" is
off, if you want to enable live commenting then check this box and set a
time interval in the box below that is appropriate to your server/traffic
levels. The minimum amount of time you can set for the auto update is 10
seconds any attempt to get it quicker than that will result in it returning
to the default value of 30 seconds.
- The final option is to hide our credit link and is one we'd rather you
didn't do anything with but we've given you it anyway as we're nice like
that. We do understand that sometimes clients want things like that gone
we'd just like to ask in return for that is that you think about signing up