Spanish Quote of the Day automatically shows a random quote in spanish inside your wordpress themes. The spanish quote is collectted by random from todopensamientos.com’s database therefore it’s not necessary that you have your own database of quotes; Spanish Quote of the Day gives them to you. Simple put the widget Spanish Quote of the Day in any of your theme sidebars; its operation is automatic.
- Spanish Quote of the Day shows automaticaly a random spanish quote inside your themes (sidebar, footbar, posts…) from the database of todopensamientos.com.
- It’s not necessary that you have got your own database of quotes, the plugin fetches spanish quotes for you.
- Each time that a page is shown, Spanish Quote of the Day shows a different quote.
- Spanish Quote of the Day works as any other WordPress Widget but without any configuration, simply choose the title for your widget.
- You can insert Spanish Quote of the Day in any place of your theme: the sidebars, the footer of pages.
- Using the Shortcode, you can even insert a random Spanish Quote inside a Post or Page content. Whatever place you decide, the plugin works for you.
- You can insert more than one Spanish Quote of the Day in a page, for example, in the sidebar and in the footer at the same time.
- The plugin offers to you three options of integration with your themes. It can work as a Widget, as a Shortcode or via function do_shortcode(). Visit the Spanish Quote of the Day for further technical information.
- Spanish Quote of the Day works automatically but, if you need to configure something, it has got a simple and clear Settings Page inside the menu Settings of the WP admin’s screen.
- Spanish Quote of the Day lets you to decide the maximum length of the quotes that you want to receive. If you set a this parameter, all selected quotes will be shorter than this length.
- You can add your own Custom CSS for a better quotes styling using the plugin settings panels.
- Spanish Quote of the Day can also work in Asynchronous Mode, incressing substantially the page load time of your themes.
- And finally, Spanish Quote of the Day shows the quotes using WP filters so, if you need it, you can write your own filters and customize completely its outputs.
To learn more about the plugin, visit the Spanish Quote of the Day page.
- Upload Spanish Quote of the Day plugin to your wordpress
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- After the activation, the plugin creates a new widget called “Spanish Quote of the Day”.
- Put this new widget where you want in your theme sidebars and automaticly your theme will show a random spanish quote in this sidebar.
- The use of shortcode [spanish_quote] is also automatic after activation.
Q: I’m installing the Spanish Quotes of the Day in an English environtment, will the quotes be in English?
A: No, the plugin is developed to talk to the user using the translations interface i18n system but, of course, the quotes are in spanish. The name of the plugin is, precisely, Spanish Quote of the day so, it always gives quotes in spanish to you.
Q: It’s possible to choose the main subject or general topics of the quotes?
A: Not yet, but the next version of the plugin (in a few days) will also allow you to choose your preferences in main topics, etc.
This new version of Spanish Quote of the Day works perfectly in version 4.5.2 of WordPress in both synchronous as asynchronous modes. It has a significantly improved response speed and allows you a complete customization of the CSS quote syles and its HTML code.
Contributors & Developers
“Spanish Quote of the Day” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- WordPress translators ready
- Back-End CSS minor changes for tabs interface
- Improved code documentation
- Header files standardized
- Spanish translation via WordPress
- Plugin code completely rebuilt
- Asynchronous mode completely rebuilt and enqueued on footer page
- HTML structure for quotes output improved
- Add a new HTML tag for author link name separator
- Settings page rebuilt and organized in Tabs.
- New setting Custom CSS for writing your own CSS for styling quotes output
- New setting WP filter
the_contentfor using the WP standard filter before the quote is displayed
- Improving the setting Maximum lenght
- Plugin Spanish translation improved
- Add the update message
- Add a new class to deal with the messages to the dashboard
- Add the var “maximum lenght”
- Modify the settings page
- Test and development version
- Add Asynchronous Fetching operation mode
- Add an options plugin page
- Improve documentation
- Add filters for outputs
widget_quotes: a filter for the widget use
post_quotes: a filter for the shortcode use
raw_quotes: finally a filter for raw output that directly filters the object response
- Add a second addtional translated version of the shortcode that depends on the wordpress local installation. For example, in spanish version, the translated shortcode is
- add a shortcode
[spanish_quote]for using Spanish Quote of the Day inside posts, pages or custom post types.
- Add translation to spanish
- Add system translations
- minimun changes
- The first version