Customer reviews and ratings carry a lot of weight with consumers, and may ultimately help them to decide whether or not to trust a local business. The SP Reviews plugin pulls the customer feedback from your Superpages.com business directory listing and lets you display it on your website. You can show your rating average by using a widget, or display full customer reviews and testimonials by embedding a shortcode into the HTML of your webpage or blog post.
- Customizable colors for the widget using the dropdown in the Widgets panel
- Customizable colors for the shortcode using the color attribute dark-blue, light-blue, or light-gray (Example: [showspreviews color=”light-gray”])
Superpages.com is the local business directory listing expert. Each month, we help millions of consumers find the local business information they’re looking for—from driving directions and hours of operation to web links and customer reviews.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please email us at email@example.com, or post a message in the forums. Thanks!
- Download the ZIP package.
- Open WordPress admin and go to Plugins → Add New → Upload. Browse for the ZIP file superpages-reviews.zip on your computer and click Install Now.
- Click Activate to activate the plugin.
- To get started, click on SP Reviews in the side panel.
- Can I customize the colors in SP Reviews?
You can choose from three preset colors: dark blue, light blue, or light gray. To change the colors in the widget, simply select one of the three colors from the dropdown list. If you want to change the color in the shortcode, you can add a color attribute of “dark-blue”, “light-blue”, or “light-gray”. (Example: [showspreviews color=”light-gray”]).
- What if my business isn’t listed in the Select Listing tab?
If you cannot find your business, click here to add your information and create a free business listing. If you have questions about adding your business or claiming a listing, click here for instructions.
- I removed the widget from the sidebar in the dashboard, but it’s still showing up on my site. Is something broken?
If the widget is still showing up on your site even after removing it from the dashboard, try clearing your browser cache. If that doesn’t work, then try flushing your site cache.
- On the Select Listing tab, I am seeing an error “Oh no! There was a problem. The feed might be unavailable at this time, or the hosting provider may not have allow_url_fopen enabled.”
This error means that, for some reason, the search feed cannot be opened. If the problem persists, you can contact SuperMedia at firstname.lastname@example.org and find out if the problem is with Superpages.com. Otherwise, you’ll need to contact your hosting provider to see if they have allow_url_fopen enabled in the global ini file.
Email us at email@example.com if you have further questions or need support.
Contributors & Developers
“SP Reviews” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Initial release