Create and send newsletters, automatic post notifications and autoresponders that are modern and beautiful with our unique newsletter editor. Drag and drop images, text areas, buttons, social icons, posts and more. Add a signup widget to your website, manage your subscribers, and send fresh, modern newsletters all within your wordpress admin area.
- Super easy to use drag and drop newsletter editor
- Send newsletters to 2500 subscribers
- Send automatic post notifications when new posts are published
- Create an autoresponder when new users register on your site
- Create an autoresponder when someone subscribes to your newsletter
- Easy subscriber management
- Newsletter signup widget included
- Add your latest posts in your newsletter by simply dragging them in
- Our newsletters show up perfectly on desktops, notebooks, tablets and phones
- Beautiful newsletter theme included
- Add subscribers by either copying and pasting from Excel, or uploading a CSV file
- Export your subscribers to a CSV file
- Send your newsletters via WordPress Mail, SMTP, Amazon SES or Gmail
- Send to more than 2500 subscribers
- Get detailed statistics on who opened your newsletter and what links were clicked on
- Create custom HTML newsletters by copying and pasting HTML into the editor
- Enable/disable newsletter link tracking
- More newsletter themes
- Google Analytics integration
- Priority support
- Get the Nifty Newsletters Premium Version now
- More newsletter themes
- Bounce handling
- Detailed subscriber statistics
- Subscriber segmentation
- Newsletter add-ons
Get a free copy of the Nifty Newsletters premium version in exchange for translating our plugin!
- German (Marc Winter)
- Italian (Luigi Mangili)
- French (Katia – creaweb.fr)
- Russian (Alexey Arkhipenko)
- Brazilian Portuguese (Mauricio Gofas)
- Dutch (Anton Prins)
- Once activated, click the “Newsletters” link in your left navigation
- Create a new newsletter campaign and follow the on screen instructions
- Drag the Newsletter Signup widget to your desired widget area
- How do I get the premium version of Nifty Newsletters?
Order your copy of Nifty Newsletters Premium.
- I’ve installed the Nifty Newsletters plugin, now what?
Once installed and activated, a link should appear in your left navigation panel within your wp-admin section. Click on the “Newsletters” link and follow the on screen instructions.
- How do I create a newsletter?
We have created an incredibly easy to use newsletter editor which helps you create simple to advanced newsletters using a drag and drop interface.
- Click on Newsletters in your left navigation menu
- Click on the “New campaign” button at the top of the page
- Insert a subject for your newsletter
- Select a list that you would like to send your newsletter to (you may want to import your subscribers first)
- Select a theme (single column would do just fine for 99% of users)
- Use our unique and easy-to-use Newsletter Editor to create your newsletter. Simply drag and drop elements into your design. Your design will be saved automatically with every change that is made. When you are happy with your the layout and design of your newsletter, press “Next” (top right)
- The next screen will help you visualize how your newsletter will appear on mobile phones, tablets and desktop computers. Click “Confirm campaign”.
- Ensure that all your settings are correct and then press “Send now” or “Schedule”. Your newsletter will now be queued and will be sent according to the email settings you have set in “Newsletter->Settings->Email Settings”
- How do I add a “subscribe to newsletter” widget?
- Click on Appearance->Widgets in your left navigation
- Drag “Nifty Newsletters Subscribe Widget” to the sidebar of your choice
- Ensure that you have selected the list you would like to add your subscribers to in “Newsletters->Settings->Sign Up”
- How do I create an automatic post notification campaign?
- Click on “New campaign” and then select “Automatic Newsletter”
- Select either “When I publish a new post”, “When someone subscribes to my list” or “When a new user is added to my site”
- Select the relevant time intervals and select a list, insert a subject and click “Next”
- Select a layout
- In the Editor, ensure that you select the correct options in the “Options” tab (top left)
- Finish your campaign
- Your automatic post notification or autoresponder will now be queued
- How does the Custom HTML Newsletter function work?
- When creating a custom HTML newsletter campaign, any HTML that is pasted into the editor will be sent as is. The only element that can change before being sent are the links, should you have “link tracking” enabled in your settings.
- How do I update my Pro version of Nifty Newsletters?
- Please log in to http://solaplugins.com/my-account/ and select the relevant download
- Delete your current Pro version of Nifty Newsletters Pro (you wont lose any campaigns or settings)
- Upload the ZIP file you just downloaded and activate the plugin
- What is the CAN-SPAM Act?
Nifty Newsletters strongly suggests that you follow the CAN-SPAM Act. We have included a copy of the CAN-SPAM Act as well as a compliance guide for businesses. Ensure you have read this before creating and sending any newsletters. Nifty Newsletters takes no responsibility for any misuse of the CAN SPAM Act.
Cannot send weekly at all.
The appearance in Outlook is simply awful. No styles at all, pic are rendered in different sizes, the body stretches over the whole mail-window, no font styles are adopted and there is no possibility to fix it somehow.
As most of the people use Outlook for mail-client, this is unacceptable for a newsletter plugin.
I searched for support entries in the forum and saw, that this issue has already been reported but was never solved.
Also the list filter is lost when switching to another page of the subscribers-list and some other small issues.
I deinstalled and switched over to Stefano Lissas newsletter plugin. Top-Handling, Top-Outlook-Appearance. That’s your benchmark, guys.
I paid for the pro version, asked a simple question in the wordpress.org support area (I like Q/A to be public so it can help others), and got a response of “we dont help people publicly, you need to use your account to get support”… That’s nice! So I go into my account and even use their email support to ask my question, and 8 days later still got no response… The least I could get is “sorry we don’t know how to fix this”, but nah, it was easier in their mind to just publicly post saying to use private chat, then ignore my private messages… So here you go ‘nifty newsletters’, your 1 star review that you basically asked for. Don’t waste your time on this plugin, just get an integration with Mailchimp, you’ll be happier you did 🙂
Hi,before i use sola newsletter i was working with Mailchimp. The Mailchimp is littlebit complicated especialy for begginers. There are to much option etc. After i install the sola newsletters plugin, i was happy because its not complicated and its on my own server on my wordpress dashboard. In 10 minutes i have created e really nice wallpaper with my pictures. Its really nice thing. I can really recommend this plugin its woth the money. I will the next days purchase a second license for my other website.
And the Support is really fast and friendly, they help allways. They are very human and friendly, they are not money fixed, they are looking to do a good job.
Great plugin, easy to use on client side, good support for a free version.
I couldn’t set options as the menus were off. The plugin didn’t send any emails (all other plugins had no problems sending mails). I had opened the support ticket and their answer was: “it should work”.
Broken plugin with no support.
Actually after a week or so (I was too lazy to delete the plugin) it started to work – I can see all the menus and emails are sent. I will give it a try, but first impression was really bad.
Contributors & Developers
“Nifty Newsletters (Formerly Sola Newsletters)” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
4.0.18 – 2017-04-03 – Medium priority
- Fixed bugs that caused the ‘Are you sure you want to do this?’ when performing some actions
- PHP Warnings fixed
- Replaced a deprecated function on the feedback page
4.0.17 – 2017-02-24 – High priority
- Further changes regarding security issues
4.0.16 – 2017-02-21 – High Priority
- Secuirty Improvements
- Changed the way theme templates load images
- Canged the way JS files load images (localized)
4.0.15 – 2017-02-17 – High Priority
- PHPMailer Removed from the plugin
4.0.14 – 2016-05-12 – Medium priority
- Fixed a bug that was experienced on some servers that caused multiple emails to be sent to users when a previous email failed
- New blank newsletter theme
- Extended the read size of the error log for debugging purposes
4.0.13 – 2016-04-13 – Low Priority
- Tested on WordPress 4.5
- Menu icon has been changed to an envelope
- Fixed a bug that threw an error in the newsletter editor if a theme wasn’t selected
- Fixed a bug that wouldn’t show the Options menu for Automatic posts
- Slashes are now removed from the subject where necessary
- A subscriber will now receive a notice if they are already subscribed to a list in the widget
4.0.12 – 2016-01-07 – Low Priority
- Promotion removed
- Tested on WordPress 4.4
- Styling conflict fixed in settings page
4.0.11 – 2015-12-03
- Added a scrollbar to newsletter editor side panel
- Resolved minor styling issues in newsletter editor
4.0.10 – 2015-10-20
- New hooks added to settings page:
- Extensions Page added
4.0.9 – 2015-09-22 – Low priority
- Limited promotion
4.0.8 – 2015-09-09 – Low Priority
- Validation added to the subscription widget
- Translations added:
- Dutch (Thank you Anton Prins)
4.0.7 – 2015-06-25 – Medium priority
- Bug fix in the newsletter editor
- Name change (Sola Newsletters to Nifty Newsletters)
4.0.6 – 2015-05-28 – Medium priority
- New Feature: Added Shortcodes for subscriber first and last name
- Improvement: Migrated from jqplot to Google Charts (Pro)
- Bug Fix: Slashes stripped in emails when using an apostrophe
- Bug Fix: French Translation file renamed
4.0.5 – 2015-04-13 – Low priority
- Erroneous Debugging error being shown, Now fixed
- Changed character to UTF-8
4.0.4 – 2015-03-25 – Low priority
- French translation fix
4.0.3 – 2015-03-24 – Medium priority
- Added support for Amazon SES (via the SMTP method)
- New throttle setting allows you to specify the delay between each newsletter being sent via SMTP
- Fixed a bug that caused the ajax send to not work correctly
- Added 3 more newsletter themes
- Fixed issue in the newsletter signup widget, where when the same e-mail address was used for the signup it gave a database error
- Removed the slashes from problematic textareas and textfields
- Fixed Internet Explorer 8 issue where a user could not get passed the “Select Theme” page
- Added the ability to select multiple newsletter mailing lists to sign up for in the signup widget. If no list is chosen it defaults to the default mailing list
4.0.2 – 2015-02-19 – Medium priority
- Fixed the bug that stopped you from dragging your own images into the newsletter
- Fixed the column width bug for a 4 column table in the newsletter editor
- Fixed the editing bug when trying to edit the content of columns in a table within the newsletter editor
4.0.1 – 2015-02-11 – Low priority
- Scandir notices fixed when in the newsletter theme page
- Added the ability to see all available newsletter themes
- Bug fixes
- Usability improvements on the theme page
4.0.0 – 2015-02-06 – Medium priority
- Major improvements to the newsletter editor
- You can now add tables to your newsletters (2 columns, 3 columns and 4 columns)
- Improved drag and drop functionality
- Image bug fixes (plugin no longer adds an image to a newsletter as width:100%, but rather max-width:100%)
- Fixed height issue for left sidebar in the newsletter editor
- Usability improvements in the newsletter editor
- Theme functionality
- We have finally introduced newsletter theme/layout functionality
- You can now create your own layouts to sell on our website
- You can now acquire new themes by visiting the Nifty Newsletters website (solaplugins.com)
- Other changes
- A Valentines Day newsletter theme is now available for purchase on our website
- Many bug fixes
3.0.6 – 2015-01-23 – Medium priority
- The dragging of the social widget bug fixed in newsletter editor
- APC cache warning removed
- A person can now select the newsletter mailing list when subscribing
3.0.5 – 2015-01-21 – Medium priority
- Additional bug fixes in the newsletter editor in conjunction with changes made in WordPress 4.1
3.0.4 – 2015-01-20 – Medium Priority
- Newsletter editor bug fixes:
- Fixed bug that caused images to be dragged in incorrectly
- Fixed bug that caused image dividers to be dragged in incorrectly
- Fixed button bug in WP4.1
3.0.3 2014-11-07 Low Priority
- Fixed PHP notices
- Added a CAN-SPAM Act compliance guide for businesses in the settings page
- New Features:
- You can now use your own custom HTML newsletter
- You can now enable/disable newsletter link tracking globally
- Bug Fixes:
- Lists would not show when creating new newsletter campaign after clicking certain automatic options.
- Update control implemented in Pro version
- Spanish translation updated
- Links changed to new documentation (New Help Desk solaplugins.com/support-desk)
- Bug Fixes:
- Could not create a campaign due to a missing column
- Could not confirm your subscription when signing up
- View In Browser link stopped working in the preview mail
- New Features:
- You can now create automatic post notifications on an immediate, daily or weekly interval
- You can now create auto-responders for when a user or subscriber is added to your site
- A new drag-and-drop ‘Automatic Content’ element has been added to the editor
- Comprehensive Automatic Content options have been added
- You can now change the View In Browser Text
- More strings are now translatable
- Bug Fixes:
- Viewing subscribers by list issue fixed
- Absolute URLS are now kept when editing an image within TinyMCE
- New Languages Added:
- French (Thank you Katia from Creaweb)
- Russian (Thank you Alexey Arkhipenko)
- New features:
- You can now view the average newsletter open rate from all past campaigns
- You can now see the newsletter open rate for that specific campaign
- You can now view the total number of unique newsletter opens per campaign
- You can now see what newsletter links each subscriber clicked on
- You can now see which newsletter subscribers clicked on a specific link
- Newsletter styles have version numbers
- Newsletter statistics
- Changed how newsletter styles are saved in db
- Bug fixes:
- Tinymce click issue
- You can now schedule newsletters to be sent
- You can now edit the subject of the mail that is sent when someone subscribes to your newsletter
- You can now edit the “Thank You” text that shows when someone subscribes to your newsletter
- Fixed bug that caused JS to be fired on incorrect page
- Fixed bug that caused the tinymce window to close when selecting font size and format
- Beta Removed out of welcome page & footer
- Text color option added to tinycme
- Typo fixes
- You can now force a batch of newsletters to be sent
- Bug fixes
- You can now pause and resume the sending of your newsletter. When paused, you may re-edit the newsletter and then continue sending
- Drag-and-drop spacer added to the newsletter editor
- Image styling functionality added to the newsletter editor
- Updated PO file
- RTL support
- Code improvements
- Localhost warning added (images in sent newsletters via localhost)
- German translation added
- Feedback area added
- Added RTL support
- Added UTF8 support