This WordPress plugin displays the Socialvoom Buzz Feed within your posts. This plugin grabs your post category and uses that to determine what feed results to show. We use several major APIs to aggregate the data and render it onto the feed, such sources include: Facebook, Identica, Friendfeed and Google Blog Search.
For best results, use multiple categories throughout your blog. You are able to position the feed above or below your posts from within the Buzz Feed menu located just under the Settings menu.
In order to deliver you a truly seamless experience, we developed the buzz feed to be responsive. What this means is despite the width of your posts, our buzz feed will automatically adapt in size and fit your blog with no additional css or editing.
Please note, the buzz feed using multiple API’s from across the internet, we have compiled them into one single API known as the Socialvoom Buzz Feed API which sends http requests to our servers in order to deliver real time buzz updates to your blog. We take pride in the level of commitment we put into our API security.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the Buzz Feed settings menu to set your feed position within your posts to either the top or bottom of the content.
A question that someone might have
Is the feed real time?
Yes, the Buzz Feed displays real time results.
Is this a 100% free service?
Yes, we offer the Buzz Feed free on the condition you do not modify our code and redistribute it as your own.
Is there any live examples of the Buzz Feed?
Yes, we have a live example on our website and may be found via Socialvoom Buzz Feed.
Contributors & Developers
“Socialvoom Buzz Feed” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
* Added Freindfeed API to get real time user status updates.
* Added Facebook API to get real time user profile updates.
* Added Identica API to get real time user status updates.
* Added Googleblog feed API to get real time blog updates.