Display meta information from the social network “Facebook” using either a widget or shortcode.
Currently supported meta information which can be gathered are:
- Business hours
- Page about text
- Last posted entry (incl. text, link and date)
Check out the Installation instruction for further details
Add it through wordpress or unpack the downloaded zip file into your wp-content/plugins directory
To sychronize and output meta information (E.g. Business hours, About Us, last posts) from facebook pages, follow the below steps:
- Register as Facebook Developer and create a new Facebook App
- Fill in the Facebook App ID and App secret from the app you just created into the Social Plugin (Menu “Tool” -> “Social Plugin – Metadata”)
- Use the “Login and Sync” button to connect your facebook account with your Facebook App
- Switch to the Appearance -> Widget page once successfully logged in and pick the “Social Plugin – Metadata”
- Setup the widget for the page and content you want to display on frontend
If you prefer to use Shortcodes, the below options are available
[social-businesshours page_id=”…” empty_message=””]
[social-about page_id=”…” empty_message=””]
[social-lastpost page_id=”…” limit=”…” max_age=”…” empty_message=””]
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Social Plugin – Metadata” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Changelog can be found on Github project page