42functions is a company that brings SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) and technique together. And therefore we are happy to introduce the Social Media Tracking plugin to you. The Social Media Tracking plugin extends your posts, pages, feeds etc. with social media buttons. And track the interaction with the buttons using your Google Analytics account.
Currently supported buttons:
- Button placeholders, only load the real button when the visitor interacts with a post
- Button area that scrolls allongside your page
- More info on [Social Media Tracking](http://www.42functions.nl/plugin-smt [NL]).
Download, Upgrading, Installation:
- First deactivate the Social Media Tracking plugin
- Remove the
- Unzip the
- Upload the the
xlii-social-media-trackingfolder (not just the files in it!) to your
wp-contents/pluginsfolder. If you’re using FTP, use ‘binary’ mode.
- In your WordPress administration, go to the Plugins page
- Activate the Social Media Tracking plugin and a subpage for the Social Media Tracking plugin will appear
in your Options menu.
If you find any bugs or have any ideas, please mail me.
Contributors & Developers
“Social Media Tracking” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added support for lower wordpress editions again
- Improved resource loading
- Always add the tracking code to the page (doesn’t depend on the enabled state)
- Improved analytics page
- Updated internal GUIFactory
- Improved support for manual adding buttons
- Rewritten entire plugin
- Fixed bugs related to the facebook with
- Added support for multiple button types
- Added an awesome GUI for button positioning
- Added support for GA code implementation
- Added functionality to disable social tracking
- Added HTML 5.0 support